Dr. Richard Matza Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Matza?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 29th, 2017

BEST TKR

FOR A TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT HE IS THE BEST!

January 13th, 2017

kind and understanding I advise any one having a problem go to him he is the best. I just had hand surgery and I feel great and the people there treat you like you are very special.

July 17th, 2013

After a finger infection, I needed surgery...

After I had an infection in my finger from getting my nails done, and improperly buffed at a salon out of state, I was in Yale New Haven for a while, very, very sick. I was referred to Dr. Islam in Danbury who is with Yale, but wanted a closer doctor to Waterbury. I considered Dr. Matza because he worked on a friend's knee, with good results. I had very bad scar tissue which bent my finger and caused lack of feeling. I needed it removed. Dr. Matza only made it worse. I lost all feeling in my hand after the third "surgery to fix the last issue", all of my doctors warned me to go to the doctor with Microsurgery expertise. This guy can only work with big stuff, not to mention how obnoxious he is. I should have gone to Dr. Islam.

March 6th, 2013

Terrible

This doctor does not care about his patients. Does not sit down n talk to you, more of an in and out type of guy. His secretaries are very rude! I personally think he should not be a doctor. He is terrible. Does not care one bit about the health of his patients! Very disappointed in this man.

July 15th, 2012

mr.

A great DR.

May 1st, 2012

Superb Doctor

You cannot rate him highly enough. He not only has the experience but he correctly diagnosed and managed for me something rare and difficult that had flummoxed the top doctors in New York. He is conservative yet flexible, old school yet up on all the latest. He is forward thinking and genuine. This review is not written by him or his staff but a real person who was fortunate enough to be in his care. Thank you.

February 13th, 2012

If you value your health steer clear of this butcher!

Do not let this butcher operate on you. I went to him because I was diagnosed with an ankle fracture at the E.R. When I first went to Matza he told me my ankle was not broken so I walked on a broken ankle for 3 months until he finally did a scan on it which confirmed I tore off a large piece of my ankle bone. Matza recommended surgery.I went for the surgery and came out worse than when I went in. Matza cut the sural nerve in my foot leaving me with permanent nerve damage to my ankle. I lost my job as a Police officer because of this butcher!

May 17th, 2011

dr & staff need remotivation

My inital appointment was made same day and about a 30 minute wait. My follow up visit of 4pm was 1 hour wait. The emergency room recommended Dr. Matza. Staff was courtous and not rude but attitude is more like "another day at the mill". Early afternoon appointments are quicker but after 3pm expect a great deal of company in the waiting room. Dr. Matza was courteous and more the quiet type.He briefly answers questions. Patients like to be educated. As for the staff, maybe changing their jobs around so they have something new to learn and do instead of the same old thing every day. Office is very clean, nicely decorated and they do try to make a homey feeling with a touch of scented candles. There is a news channel in the waiting room that can be heard by everyone. Dr. Matza only see patients on Mon & Wed and operates on Tues, Thurs & Fri which can account for the long waiting in late afternoon & evening. Maybe an assistant to pre-see the patient and order xrays etc may address some of the wait time or adding another doctor to the practice.

August 20th, 2009

Overbooking seems to be the norm for this practice. Dr has no bedside manner.

August 14th, 2017