Dr. Richard Mccallum Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Mccallum?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Richard Mccallum?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 17th, 2016

Only physician to correctly diagnose my son. Truly outstanding.

February 10th, 2016

One of the best doctors you will ever see

Dr.McCallum is one of the best doctors I've ever seen. Not only is he brilliant, but his bed side manner is excellent. He is a caring and educating doctor. He does not leave your room and you until every question is answered and you are well educated with your condition. He goes above and beyond. I only wish he was still in my area.

December 16th, 2015

Outstanding Doctor

Dr. McCallum was the first doctor to listen to my daughter and take care of her. After 4 yrs of being hospitalized and seeing many doctors he was the first one to ever say that he was truly ill.

August 3rd, 2015

Diagnosed my son when no one else could. Can't say enough!

February 1st, 2015

MD needs to retire

Dr Mccallum is the following physisican in the UMC Endoscopy center, and I was a patient there this week haing an outpatient test, he was the physisican that guided and gave results even tho he is not my physician. He was very rude, throwing things, rude and unprpfessional not just to me, but to the 77 year old lady who was confused about what he was yelling at her for. He also took cell phone calls that appeared personal of nature while he yelled at both myself and this other patient. He should have retired years ago, graduated from Medical School in 1968!!

April 4th, 2014

A complex man, but at the top of his field

I was sent across the country to Dr. McCallum when my local care team found my condition (postsurgical complications from anti-reflux stomach surgery) too complex to diagnose and treat. Without Dr. McCallum's intervention, I would never have been diagnosed. His findings formed the basis for my ongoing care and my eligibility for government services. A visit to this specialist is an intense experience. He spends MANY hours with each patient, so time management is an issue. For each of the approximately twelve hours face-to-face with him during my week-long stay, I probably spent at least the same amount of time, or more, in a waiting room meeting others who had traveled across the country for help with unusual problems. Dr. McCallum can be difficult--it took my team and I six months to get his final report faxed to us. However, that being said, there's no match for the level of thoughtful scientific inquiry that occurs when this doctor is considering one's case. His personality quirks are not malicious or self-promotional, just the byproduct of a detail-oriented mind. Stand firm, insist on getting a word in, and you will have questions answered that you never even dreamt of asking. My team sent me to Dr. McCallum because a review of cutting-edge journals highlighted him as a pivotal figure in setting the standards for gastric emptying studies, particularly in distinguishing rapid emptying as a separate disorder from gastric retention. He was also one of the developers of the gastric pacemaker, and had the integrity and scientific acumen to accurately report the disappointing news that gastric pacing did not restore neurological function of the GI tract as hoped. (It is still marketed elsewhere for pain and nausea control much like a TENS unit.) If you suffer from anything other than a straight-forward, commonly diagnosed GI problem, then you have probably learned as I did that gastroenterology is a uniquely difficult field; the GI tract is slow and complex, and its intricacies are difficult to image. If your problem confounds rank-and-file GI professionals, you would be well advised to add Dr. McCallum to your care team.

November 9th, 2013

Dr McCallum literally saved my life. I had been having extreme bouts of diarrhea lasting through the night. No other GI Doctor could help with why or what to do to stop it.

August 8th, 2017