Dr. Richard Mccarthy MD Patient Reviews

3.9

August 13th, 2016
I had to have spine surgery & I've had amazing results & no complications at all. He is the best spine dr around & thankful he was my dr & I would highly recommend him.

May 30th, 2016
Complete trust.
Dr.Mccarthy has been treating my daughter for years. He always takes time to answer any questions we have. He always does amazing during her surgeries and I trust him completely!

March 5th, 2015
Dr. needs to come down to earth in terms of arrogance.

March 5th, 2015
Very arrogant
Arrogant and harsh. Would not recommend.

March 4th, 2015
Worst ordeal of my life
Had back surgery 4 weeks ago by this surgeon to remove broken hardware. I have been running a fever and tachycardia ever since the day after surgery. His assistant Dr. Morrell told me the day after I left, "We will get you out of here and you'll be walking those pearly gates soon." Who makes a comment like that? I went back to see him two weeks after surgery to find out why I was having so much pain and he just said he would pray for me and told me to take Ducolax. Four weeks postop today and I can barely move. He said everything is all good. Just walk more and eat healthy. Big joke. Wish I could reverse the clock and not have had this surgery and kept broken hardware in. At least, I could live life. Now each day is a nightmare. Wondering when it will all end.

December 4th, 2013
M.D.
most arrogant doctor ever encountered. Ended my career. Avoid unless you are a child.

August 22nd, 2012
Insensitive to children and parents
He lacks consideration of his patients and is unapproachable when asked questions that enable the patient to make an informed decision. However, he seems to be knowledgable in his field based on his status in the medical field.

February 23rd, 2012
My daughter has been seeing Dr. McCarthy since 1998. She was born with congential scolosis in her neck. He is the best there is. When she was 17months old 15 months after we started visiting him he did a spianl fusion on her neck. The condition she has is very rare and he had to study her case before he could decide what to do. Over the years her neck has straightened up. Dr. McCarthy says it was not him that did it but a miracle for GOD!

November 9th, 2011
Left confused!
I have no idea what happened at my daughter' visit with this doctor. He was not able to view her MRI results, because of a computer issue , and honestly made us feel like we were crazy for complaining about back pain. He said she just needs to stretch & exercise. My daughter is in pain & has been being treated for a ruptured disk. He pretty much accused me of dragging her there against her will, which couldn't have been further from the truth. I wasted my gas, and time driving almost 3 hours to see this man. Now, we will need to seek help somewhere else.

April 28th, 2011
Excellence in Care
Dr. McCarthy was my doctor when I was a child, and he is now treating my daughter for scoliosis. I was thrilled to discover that he was still at ACH when my daughter was in need of care, and that care has proven nothing less than excellent. Though unusual, my daughter's curve has improved approximately 10 degrees through Dr. McCarthy's care. Between my catching it early (I knew what to look for) and the care she has received, she has very little curve left. I am always told this is not typical, but I believe that Dr. McCarthy is one of, if not the, best ortho surgeons in America. I would recommend his treatment to anyone in any state in the country. To top off his excellent care, his bedside manner and attitude have never been less than wonderful. I have absolutely no doubt that he cares for his patients as he would want his own children cared for. Thank you, Dr. McCarthy for your care, and for being such a wonderful doctor and person.

May 6th, 2009
for the ones where he wasnt excellent..
He is a doctor that treats oddly severe or complex spinal deformities. So you will be able to get an appointment with him so long as your problem is severe enough to need one with him. He's good with the "special" cases. I had to send him my films before getting an appointment with him; this may be because I was from out of town.But he is the most intelligent, sweetest, most genuine guy that I have ever met. He is very down to earth, and I couldn't have been more comfortable with anyone else. He's a doctor that will go the extra mile for his patients, and I highly recommend him!