Ophthalmologists

101 S San Mateo Dr
Ste 306
San Mateo, CA 94401
650-342-7137
Locations and availability (10)

3.0

May 7th, 2012

Dr. McDonald is one of the nicest, thoughtful, most competent professionals I've known. Top choice for anyone in bay area. Michael Hood

Jul 20th, 2011

Dr Mcdonald saved my eye in an emergency surgery. He is courteous,friendly and very professional. In subsequent exams he would carefully read my file out loud before each exam which gave me a great deal of assurance that he was completely present for my exam.

Oct 11th, 2010

Horrible doctor. Condescending, full of himself, mean-spirited old man.

Jul 11th, 2010

Dr. McDonald and the staff at this clinic were great. The new Dr.'S in training were great also..their concern and patience was much appreciated. Dr. McDonald is a seasoned MD who has not lost compassion and sincere interest in pt's health. As a medical professional myself (RN)that is not so easy to maintain..it is easy to get "burned out". I feel fortunate that I was referred to him by another great MD . Julie Hadden

|  Very Nice and very knowledgeable  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

I have been going to Dr. McDonald for years now. I started seeing him when his partner stopped seeing patients and went into research. Dr. McDonald is always very gentle and nice. He takes the time to chat with my husband and I. I never ever have felt rushed. He is very knowledgeable. He answers all of my questions. I have always had good experiences with Dr. McDonald. Highly recommended for retinal problems.

|  Arrogant, Rude, Unprofessional Loser  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2010

Dr McDonald is a rude, arrogant, and unprofessional man. Heis very disrespectful to women. He became incredibly defensive when I asked to forward my records to my primary doctor. He refused to send them and became very rough during the examination. My eyes still feel bruised. He also could not wait to get another patient in. You'll get about 3 minutes for your visit. Go see someone else.