Dr. Richard Mikilitus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 21st, 2015
Waiting
I started seeing Dr. Mikilitus in 2014, having many issues but the main one was RLS. We tried all the oral meds, nothing worked, we tried patches, if they didn't work I was to call him & he would return my call. (this was in late 2014) I am still waiting for his return call, in the meantime I still have my RLS. If he ever reads these reviews I would like to have that call made to me. Thanks

July 2nd, 2015
Rediculous..........
This Dr. is a joke. Clearly not a neurologist but a sleep doctor at best. Suckered me in for unneeded test then no response after many attempts on my part for a follow up visit. Plus it seems he's only in PTC one day a week. No help at all; a waste of time and money............

March 1st, 2015
I changing to another clinic
I've been going to see Dr Mikilitus for 5 1/2 years now. His practice was great until Barbara Rollins retired. Barbara checked out your breathing equipment and got your new breathing supplies, she was great. She retired about 1 year ago. Then everything went down hill. I feel Dr Mikilitus now has a non professional non educated staff. Michelle Padgett the Sleep Lab Coordinator never has returned any of my calls when I had mask issues. The same goes for Tony Meyer he replaced Barbara. He is a depressing person to talk to, and he hates his job. There were 2 times I had mask issues and could not get anyone to answer the phone or return calls. So I showed up to the office and waited up to 1 hour, and another time waited 1 1/2 hour and was never seen. I left with out a replacement mask. They did not care. I signed up for the automatic delivery, they never called to see what I was needing and never shipped me any new supplies. I called United Health to get names of other clinics and this was their preferred provider. I did find another clinic and asked them to have my records sent to them. When I told them I was at West Georgia Sleep Clinic they told me I would have to go get my records my self. West Georgia will not return calls or send records to other providers. So I went and got my records my self and it took over a week to get them. They will not call you to let you know when they are ready. You have to stop by and see if they are ready. I hope United Health Care sees this review so they will drop West Georgia Sleep as their preferred provider and get someone else.

October 20th, 2014
My first visit with Dr. Mikilitus I thought he was very rude. I had seen another neurologists prior to him that was even ruder, so I thought I will give him one more appointment. He ordered a bunch of test and told me if I wasn't coming back to at least have the test done. I assured him I would be back. The second visit he was much nicer and seemed to be more caring about my health/concerns. So I have stayed with him and I am glad I did. He seems to be very caring and thorough in my visits.

August 13th, 2013
New patient
I saw him as a new patient and his is the most horrible person I've ever meet. I thought as a Doctor you are suppose to care at lease a little. He made me wait for over an hour to see him and then stayed 5 minutes in the room!!! His nurse Deb was awesome I hope at lease he has sense enough to know what a Jewell he has with her... She tries to make up for his rudeness. I WILL NEVER BE BACK!!!!!

August 3rd, 2013
Terrible
Worse than just general incompetence (which he displays in spades) it is quite obvious he does not care about the welfare of his patients. He is extremely rude. Without a doubt the worst, most uncaring Dr. I have ever seen.

November 14th, 2012
MG Patient
Dr. Mikilitus left me with a great first impression. Not only was he friendly and professional ... he was very knowledgeable and put me at ease. I am very appreciative of him and his staff for being so courteous and helpful to me through my diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a neurologist. Simply one of the best!

January 18th, 2011
THis doctor treated me for trigeminal neuralgia. If you have this disorder, please do not use him because he is not considerate and does not have any understaning of your pain and needs. He and his nurse are very rude and did not want to spend the time necessary to address my questions and concerns. He was my worst nightmare. Not a friendly guy and should not be a doctor

December 17th, 2010
he was awesome
DR. Mikilitus is one of the best doctors i have seen. He really cares about his patients and takes the time to talk with them. He is very prompt and to the point which i like a lot. He has the best staff anyone could ask for and his office is always clean. I have been seeing him for 5 years with migraines and he has cured me.

June 12th, 2009
Dr. Mikilitus saw my adult son, who had a brain tumor for 17 yrs, briefly (We had relocated from Florida.] He was EXCEPTIONALLY caring, both to my son and to family....as was his physician's assistant

November 6th, 2008
I would not recommend Dr. Mikilitus to anyone. He can be very rude, and just does not seem to like people. When I've needed anything from him, I've had to ask over an over, and it still may not have been done on time, or at all. This staff is usually not too much better. Birds of a feather... He has also left me without my daily medication on more than one occasion, because he did not write my prescription on time. Overall, he comes across as uncaring, unapproachable, and unprofessional. He seems to have the attitude of "you need me, I don't need you". While I was his patient for over 1 year, I saw 1 other doctor and 1 Physician Assist leave the practice. I believe he is now the only doctor left at West Georgia Neurology & Sleep Disorder Ctr.