Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Pain in the butt show details Pain in the butt
by The naked Truth on Dec 5th, 2014

Arrogance your nom-de-plume would be Dr Richard Moskowitz. He had very little time for me. He was short, arrogant (the word is just too applicable) and cold. I went in for bad case of hemorrhoids. After examining me, he said " your anus is too tight for me to work on you outside of surgery and your insurance will not cover the surgery so there is nothing I can do". Seriously !! As we were wrapping up, he said "nobody ever bled to death from hemorrhoids". Seriously !! P.S., I went to another doctor and within minutes, bing bang boom and my hemorrhoids were addressed. His walls may be filled with accolades but he surely needs a Colon Rectal surgeon because he is definitely one major pain in the butt.

Wish I had access to him again show details Wish I had access to him again
by Sharon Kressler Neville on Jan 17th, 2014

From 1978 to 1993 I had drainage and pain from an anal fistula and I had four on-the-table surgeries that didn't help me at all. I had been cut so many times that I was in danger of losing the elasticity in the rectal muscle. Finally I found Dr M who performed three seton-stitch procedures which saved me from having to live with a colostomy bag. This happened twenty years ago and I've been fine since then. However, I've found an indication that I have a fistula returning (Dr M told me that these can recur). I now live across the country and I sure wish I was back in Jersey because I would run to Dr M for help, knowing he would do the safest procedure. You will find this man is not a cuddly personality, but his skill is above reproach. I'm not finding any doctors satisfactory where I live now so I just might travel to see him again. Don't hesitate to go to him. He'll do the right thing for you. Dr M, I miss you !!

Strangely detached show details Strangely detached
Jul 25th, 2012

He may be a good surgeon but he is poor doctor. He seemed to have contempt of the referring doctors diagnosis. Dr. Moskowitz was unable to convey any meaningful explanation of what my problem could be. He also did not explain the test results.

Dr. Richard Lee Moskowitz show details Dr. Richard Lee Moskowitz
by Anonymous on Mar 7th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

Dr. Moskowitz gave me my life back. When another surgeon was sure I would have a permanent colostomy after surgery because of the difficult location ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
not a people person show details not a people person
Nov 30th, 2011