by Charlie Fitzgerald on May 19th, 2015

My visits to Dr Mulroy I thought were great I haven't had surgery before and I am awaiting total knee replacement ,and he ste my mind at ease with his directness and his knowledge it just made me feel comfortable.He is the consummate professional.i would recommend him to anyone needing knee surgery

total knee replacement show details total knee replacement
by patricia sheridan on May 19th, 2014

excellent doctor healed quickly no pain no real scar back to work 6 weeks later will do it again if other knee needs it

Outstanding Orthpaedic Surgeon show details Outstanding Orthpaedic Surgeon
by Ralph Tomaccio on Apr 17th, 2013

I had both my knees replaced at the same time just over two years ago by Dr. Richard Mulroy and everything could not have gone better. He explains everything in great detail and in easy to understand terminology beforehand, even offering open sessions to all who may be considering the surgery. Discussions include what to expect both in pre-op as well as in physical therapy recommendations. Q&A sessions afterwards help potential patients ease their concerns. Waiting time for office visits is a reasonable 10-15 minutes. Once seen, Dr. Mulroy takes the time to answer all questions, never making me feel rushed. Supported by an outstanding efficient office staff as well, especially Connie, I feel comfortable in recommending Dr. Mulroy to anyone needing orthopaedic surgery. I would also like to add that my wife had an elbow bone spur and torn ligament repaired and one knee replaced as well by Dr. Mulroy, both with the same high level of success and satisfaction.

Outstanding Care show details Outstanding Care
by Mark C on Apr 12th, 2013

I have been very satisfied with the care and concern with medical issues I have brought to the attention of Dr. Richard Mulroy. He is very pragmatic in his approach and provides clear and concise answers to medical questions. I am very pleased with the condition of the areas of my body that have had surgical procedures performed by Dr. Richard Mulroy. I would recommend anyone, particularly athletes, to see Dr. Mulroy with injuries to their body.

totally satisfied show details totally satisfied
Mar 30th, 2013

I have been to the doctore 3 times for 3 different problems. All were diagnosed accurately. He performed knee surgery on my ight knee with perfect results.Upfront he gave an accurate description of what and why he was doing the surgery, and gave excellent post-op instructions which led to a very easy recovery

Get Another Opinion show details Get Another Opinion
Jan 12th, 2012

Doctor prescribed total R Hip Replacement after spending only about 10 minutes with 80 plus year old with cognitive issues. Never took any patient history, did limited physical assessment and failed to get medical records from prior treating orthopedist to determine whether surgery was even called for. There were 2 radiology reports of xray of hip in doctor's file; first taken 4 months b4 surgery at request of partient's orthopedist, 2nd a few days b4 surgery ordered by Mulroy which were conflicting; 1st indicated moderate to severe hip degenerative change and 2nd (which was more comprehensive as it included frog leg view of hip) indicated only moderate degenerative change. THIS IS VERY IMP AS MARKED DIFF BETWEEN MOD AND SEVERE, and this indicates that he probably never even read second Radiology Report that HE ordered. ALSO, Did limited physical of patient pre surgery, including failure to indicate any range of motion assessment at time oF INITAL EVAL. Nonetheless ordered total hip replacement based on diagnosis of degeerative bone disease. Matter of course Medicare will authorize these surgeries when patient is 80 or above. Surgery was not necessitated and patient ended up in hospital for prolonged period due to failure to complty with post surgery restrictions.