2.5

medical biller show details medical biller
by d on Apr 24th, 2015

Do NOT give this provider the time of day, my husband has been his patient for about a year now and through out this time he seemed sketchy to me. Charged my husband 100.00 dollars here and there when ever his wife doesn't have time to verify his insurance. We had meet our deductible and continued to charge him , we change insurance carriers but remained with the same network and still charged my husband another $100.00 when he only had now a $25.00 copay. Provider stated that since now he doesn't have a deductible it changes things, and of course it does he wont be able to charge him whatever amount h fells like charging that day. I tried talking to him and was absolutely rude , as soon as I mentioned I was educated in insurance billing and mentioned " double dipping'" ( charging patient and insurance) he did not want to speak and redirected me to his wife.

Felt Worse After My First Appt. show details Felt Worse After My First Appt.
Apr 7th, 2015

I should have read reviews before wasting my time and money. I found him rude, arrogant, and indifferent . It was clear he was more interested in himself than he was with me. He told me 3 times during our first meeting "There was nothing he could do for me if...... It was apparent he did not bother to read my history or the questionnaire I submitted before our meeting and as a result he ask me questions that I found personally offensive. He talked far too much about himself on my dime and I felt rushed as I was his last appointment of the day.. I've been under a doctor's care all of my adult life....and have dealt with several different psychiatrists throughout. He is the worst I've ever encountered.

by Leigh Woods on Apr 3rd, 2015

The most incompetent medical representative I have ever encountered. The person is a danger to the patients who seek his help. He knows nothing about the field of medicine he is attempting to practice. My advice to anyone referred to see him is Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware. The burden is on the patient to discover the hazards before placing themselves in the care of one so risky and unknowledgeable. You could be placing your health at great risk!

Mar 23rd, 2015

Worst doctor I've ever seen. Condescending. Rude. Kind of a jerk.

Mar 5th, 2015

He's being investigated by Medical Board. Claims to be a psychiatrist, but is licensed in Osteopathic medicine.

Cash under the table?!!! show details Cash under the table?!!!
by Kelly on Mar 3rd, 2015

Why does this "Doctor" Only accept cash and gives no receipts? Doesn't know you after three visits! Why hasn't he been reported?!!!!!!!

Horrible show details Horrible
Feb 26th, 2015

Rushes you out the door and makes you feel like utter crap! I don't know why he would even bother working with people.

He should have his medical license revoked show details He should have his medical license revoked
Feb 18th, 2015

If I could put no stars for any manners I would. This is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. He is a self obsessed narcissus. This doctor, and I use the term extremely loosely, seriously needs his medical license revoked. Do not trust him with yourself or your loved ones, much less your children. He doesn't know anything regarding diagnosis, manners or bedside manners. He gave me a prescription not for my diagnosis, but made my symptoms worse.

Run the other way show details Run the other way
Feb 6th, 2015

My appointment with this doctor was by far the strangest, most unprofessional experience I have had. After making it clear he was only interested in my insurance and my ability to pay up, I sat down with him for less than 5 minutes before he sent me on my way. He talked about himself for the first 3 out of those 5 minutes, referring to himself as (I quote) "a Hollywood doctor," "hot in his field," and "a big deal." He told me he was a lawyer who decided to take up psychiatry and had just left Cedars Sinai where he was "Chief Psychiatrist." (My google search after the appointment proved that he did his residency there. Bit of a difference, no?) I scheduled an appointment with him to discuss trouble I've been having focusing. He wouldn't even let me tell him why I was there. Kept cutting me off. Asked if I felt "hopeless or helpless." I said "No, not generally." He became frustrated and said "Well do you or don't you??" I said, no. He asked if I'd ever been on medication. When I told him what I'd previously tried, he threw his hands up and said, "I should give you your money back. There is nothing I can do for you. The Medical Board of CA would require me to tell you that you need to consider ECT." At this point I was confused and caught off guard. I am not mentally ill, not on any medication and am fully functional, I just wanted to talk to him about trouble with focus and staying on task. Being told I should get "Electro Convulsive Treatment before all hope is lost" when I was never allowed to even give him a symptom or tell him why I was there was extremely unethical, not to mention rude. On the plus side, he gave me my money back and rushed me out the door. This doctor is dangerous without a doubt. Please do yourself a favor and go the other way.

by Martha on Oct 21st, 2014

I was able to make an appointment within a few days of my first call. Dr Chenik listened to me and gave me medications which have really heled me during a difficult time in my life. I had no problems

Patient show details Patient
by Robert on Apr 15th, 2014

Took 10 minute questionnaire and told me no way will I get disability my first visit. I went to another who gave me disability in 6 months, He 4 hours the 1st day testing and hours each visit for testing and testing and testing . Dr. Chenik does not test clients and wasted my and his time.

by ahs on Apr 14th, 2014

Becky, the marriage and family therapist, is divorced yet again! Who would go see her when she can not even keep her own marriage(s) together! She should find another field of work.

Good Doc show details Good Doc
by Dennis Fridkin on Mar 28th, 2014

I found Dr Chenik to be very knowlegeable and helpful for my condition and would recommend him without question

Professional show details Professional
by James r. on Mar 25th, 2014

This site is worthless. When did it become acceptable to spread vicious gossip about a physician and his personal life. None of the following negative reviews contain any valid concerns. Accepting cash for co-pays ? So what. I also have a small business and no longer accept checks due to rising amount of people writing checks with insufficient funds. Sometimes I never collect on bad checks. This site is to provide consumers a balanced opinion on your personal experiences, not a forum to spread gossip or give your non- medical opinion of treatment of your adult child, specifically when you have no first hand knowledge of the doctor. Plain and simple, I see Dr. Chenik and have had no problems. My initial appointment was rather emergent, and he stayed late and saw me at 7 p.m. during the week. Dr. Chenik prescribes medications that work for me. I have no concerns with him or his office. Dr. Chenik's wife is typically busy with clients every time I have been to the office, and they seem to like her.

by K.L. on Mar 24th, 2014

Dr. Chenik answers his own phone and I was able to make an appointment with him within a few days. Dr. Chenik listens to me and I feel very comfortable with him. I have been a patient of his for over 6 months. I recently started seeing his wife, Becky Chenik, for therapy. She is easy to talk with and I feel that I have finally found a therapist who "gets me".

sure his practice is a scam show details sure his practice is a scam
by Lisa on Mar 17th, 2014

It's a racket. Not too hard to figure.....lol, only takes cash---- keeps it in a wad in his pocket, has no staff, has no idea who you are when you show up, makes you come in (no refills) so he can get his cash from patients monthly.....very sketchy. BUT....he has helped me. I moved here and was looking for a psych...he was referral from my ins co......we talked that first visit, the facts, history and medication for my condition. I told him and showed him my pill bottles, he basically agreed with what I was taking with the exception of one....We agreed removal of that one and addition of another, which is working much better for me. Since psychiatrsts are not therapists don't expect therapy, you get a diagnosis. I have a therapist for talk, psych for medication. I do resent having the co pay monthly.....literally money directly in his pocket since you know he is scamming insurance companies (it's only 10.00, but that's not the point) .....but it's the same co pay to any Dr for me, and since he watches what I'm taking, does not over medicate.....no fuss no muss.... (but he sure is impressed with himself for some reason, and such a unnecessary, silly name dropper he is......as if that makes HIM somehow a better person) it's all a rather amusing because he is such a ludicrous littlie man. Would I send someone new to him? Never. But I knew what I needed and know how to discuss medications. He would have so put me off had I been a novice to psychiatry.

Handsome doctor and beautiful wife. show details Handsome doctor and beautiful wife.
by Antonio on Mar 11th, 2014

I have been his patient for more than six months. I am a homosexual and he recommended I see his wife who is a family therapist. I could have not found a better duo to help me cope with my depression and anxiety. Also, being homosexual and attracted to mature older men, he is as hot as they make them. Very classy and always well dressed. I am very happy with the way he has treated me. He answers his own phone at anytime and he is always available. He even answers calls or messages while I am with him, which shows me that he cares about every one. I could be the one on the other side of the line calling for help. Becky, his wife, is an excellent therapist. She is so thorough and compassionate. And very beautiful. She listens to me and makes me feel heard. And that's precisely what I needed, to be heard. I stop for refills every month and a quick check up with dr chanik. I don't need him to spend much time with me since his wife Becky is in control of my therapy sessions. He prescribed me only what I really needed, and not what I thought I needed. They both have helped me find happiness within myself and I am very grateful to them. You wait longer at an Olive Garden than at his and her office. And they always remember my name. Thank you very much.

Great Practice! show details Great Practice!
by Michelle Salado on Mar 4th, 2014

While Dr. Chenik can be a little distant, he is a no BS kind of guy. He's not going to tell you something you want to hear but rather, tell you the TRUTH! He has been instrumental in helping me to achieve mental stability. His wife Becky is the same way. They are both wonderful people. I would never go to another doctor.

Drug dealer show details Drug dealer
by Marie on Feb 28th, 2014

This doctor should be arrested. I have an adult child with an addiction who was his patient, has no insurance, and was charged $180 a visit just to get Xanax prescriptions in increasing dosages. Prescribing Xanax to someone who is in a maintenance Methadone program is like a death sentence. I am not a doctor but know the dangers of that combination. This guy thrives on depressed, anxiety ridden patients who need help. It's even difficult to give him one star.

SUX! show details SUX!
by Yippy Ki Yi Yay on Feb 24th, 2014

This guy is a bait and switch person. He'll be really sweet on the 1st visit and after that he doesn't know who you are, what your issues are and talks obscurely. One wonders if he is speaking to them or mumbling to himself because what he is saying is incoherent and irrelevant. He probably does this to keep people off kilter. He probably believes it gives him the upper hand and definitely derives a sense of power from it. The funny thing is, in reality, he is really coming across as a clown. Do not see this man. He will definitely ruin your day with his mind-f___ing. He's abusive and should be turned in and have his license yanked. Very scary for the layperson who can't see through his antics. In addition, his wife is pretty darn naive for a licensed counselor. No big "ah-ha" moments with her. Rather dim.

by s on Feb 13th, 2014

I did not feel comfortable this this Dr, Very strange vibe.

by EB on Jan 7th, 2014

He only spoke about himself and smelled like pot smoke. His wife was unkind and did not understand my family problems. After asking about the medical couple in this small "town", I discovered his wife has been married several times, broke up Dr. Chenik's former marriage and has problems keeping her own family together. As a family and marriage counselor, Becky Chenik is a farce and Dr. Chenik is a stoner psychiatrist.

Administrative Assistant show details Administrative Assistant
by Becky E on Nov 4th, 2013

I have found Dr. Chenik to be instrumental in my health care. He is the ONLY Doctor that has EVER given me his personal cell phone number should I find myself in a crisis. He is very careful & thoughtful about his diagnosis and treatment. Honestly, I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Jack on Oct 27th, 2013

This guy was great!

Regarding Dr. Chenik..... show details Regarding Dr. Chenik.....
Oct 24th, 2013

Dr. Richard Chenik is probably the best psychiatrist that I have used. After many years of needing more and more medications, Dr. Chenik took his time and showed great patience in helping me come to terms with the depression that I was dealing with for years. BB in the Desert

Tried other psychiatrist and this worked show details Tried other psychiatrist and this worked
by Karen on Oct 22nd, 2013

After reading the other reviews I didn't know what to expect. But first off the office was really nice and there was no rude receptionist as the other reviewer wtrote about, which is fine with me. I don't want anyone to know I go to Psychiatrist. I sell real estate in the area and I don't need any bad press. My experience was very nice, I was not rushed and I thought Dr. Chenik listened to me more than the other two psychiatrists I had at Kaiser. He changed my meds and all the side effects I've been having went away and so has my depression. Be careful about what you read on the Internet, when was the last time you wrote a good review about your favorite cafe or store. Its only when you find a hair in your soup do we take to the stupid internet.

The Worst show details The Worst
Sep 19th, 2013

The Worst!!!!!! Don't go to this guy!!!!!!

Bad Doctor show details Bad Doctor
by AHR on Aug 13th, 2013

I always found this same reviewer who gives this doctor 5 stars and is not true (because of this single positive review is that I went to see this doctor out of necessity). I really wonder if this person is related biologically to this doctor or friend. Anyways, please do not go to see this doctor. He is cruel with diagnosis and never listens and just DOES NOT CARE. After seeing him I was crying and crying for a long time. We need help not a coldhearted careless person. Trust me, he does not spend much time with the patient to properly diagnose a problem, he will get you out of his office in 5 minutes.

Nope show details Nope
Jul 3rd, 2013

He does not care, never knows who I am, will not give refills, has no staff, is way into talking about himself, and was extremely rude to my parents. It's a copay for 3 questions and a prescription.

Apr 5th, 2013

Not sure what the previous reviewer's problem was - but Dr Chenik answers his own phone, even on weekends. Can you get much better than that??? Very accessbale and accurate. No, I'm not shopping for meds or xanax, but just some help through a difficult time, and found a great doctor who is willing to listen.

DO NOT SEE THIS QUACK! show details DO NOT SEE THIS QUACK!
Feb 12th, 2013

I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone unless they are simply seeking a prescription for drugs. First off, it was impossible to get a real person on the phone, or even a call back after leaving a voicemail. It took one month of calling non stop until a person answered. Dr. Chenik did not listen, and diagnosed after 5 minutes of talking to me...what is he, psychic? I was there for the emotional/psychiatric issues that come along with having epilepsy, which he had NO clue of (and was not bashful to admit). He was rude, preconcieving, and rushed. He didnt even look at my med list before prescribing me with xanax, what if there was an adverse reaction? And then saying that he's never heard of it? Scary! I also needed some paperwork for work filled out, he did not even look at it and refused to sign anything. I should have trusted my gut when I got there, the office smelled like pee and the bathroom door didnt even lock. Someone walked in and saw me pee. Great therapy Dr. Chenik! Do NOT go to this quack unless you are a junkie looking for stimulants. Hope this helps.