Dr. Richard Chenik DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

September 12th, 2016
Wonderful Doctor.

May 19th, 2016
Not a good doctor
Did not listen. Told me more about him than listened to my problems. Waste of time and money

January 17th, 2016
Dr. Chenik promptly returned my phone calls after my first appointment. He was easy to talk with and took his time listening to me.

October 7th, 2015
Playing with people's lives!!
Dr Chenik is arrogant, selfish, rude, insensitive, cold, and condescending. He didn't want to hear about my psychiatric issues, tried to intimidate me with legal action if he refilled my medications, and was devoid of any empathy or humanity. He's disgusting! He can't be bothered to give a darn and it scares me that he treats psychiatric patients with such disregard as to put one's life at risk without the appropriate medications. Do not see this psychiatrist if you're wanting someone who genuinely cares about you and your safe mental health. He should just retire and spare patients his abuse. As mental health patients we're told that we have an illness and it's not our fault. So, we come to accept our illness and try not to be ashamed for being diagnosed and medicated. Then you're punished for your illness and the threat of the DEA and your medication is abruptly stopped, putting you at risk of a seizure or suicide. I understand prescriptions being abused, but how about evaluating and getting to know your patient's diagnosis of 30+ years and treating them properly.....as I'm sure you were taught in college! You're playing with people's lives and I will never recommend this provider to anyone. But in the end, he will ignore this review and think he's God.

August 23rd, 2015
Dr(?) Chenik
He was good at writing prescriptions. Only asked required questions. Did not care what your answer was. Average appointment took 10 minutes or less. Says he is going back to private practice. Does not want any charity cases due to Obama care. Wish I had read this last year.

July 20th, 2015
Un believably bad!
I only went to this doctor because of an insurance change. On my first appointment he made it very clear that he only prescribes medication and nothing else. On that same appointment he told me I was over weight, and changed my medications. I felt worse after that appointment then I did before I went in. He talked about himself most of the appointment and told me he used to be a lawyer and that I could be arrested for taking my anxiety medication and driving. I have taken this medication for several years and no doctor ever told me that. On the second visit he asked one question "Do you want to hurt yourself or others?" and then sent me on my way. I have been trying to get refills on my medications for two weeks now and keep getting the run around from his staff and he refuses to change my refills to a 90 day supply which my insurance company now requires. Meanwhile, in the last two weeks I have been with out two of the medications and am having withdrawal. After reading all the other reviews I have read on line that pretty much affirm my issues with him, I will be finding another doctor.

June 29th, 2015
Chenik was a poor excuse for a doctor. Office looked like a pig stye. I never spent more than two minutes with him when he asked for his copay. This after driving from DHS for the apointment. Very unprofessional.

May 31st, 2015
Run - He's Dangerous
Horrible experience. Didn't bother to read chart - removed me off the one med that has proven to help -- when he didn't like the answers to his questions that didn't match what he wanted to diagnose, he pushed and pushed. He wanted to put me back on a medication that had been used once before with nearly lethal effects (on un-read medical chart). A complaint has been filed with the Medical Board where I found out that Chenic is NOT a trained psychiatrist. He is an osteopath!

April 24th, 2015
medical biller
Do NOT give this provider the time of day, my husband has been his patient for about a year now and through out this time he seemed sketchy to me. Charged my husband 100.00 dollars here and there when ever his wife doesn't have time to verify his insurance. We had meet our deductible and continued to charge him , we change insurance carriers but remained with the same network and still charged my husband another $100.00 when he only had now a $25.00 copay. Provider stated that since now he doesn't have a deductible it changes things, and of course it does he wont be able to charge him whatever amount h fells like charging that day. I tried talking to him and was absolutely rude , as soon as I mentioned I was educated in insurance billing and mentioned " double dipping'" ( charging patient and insurance) he did not want to speak and redirected me to his wife.

April 7th, 2015
Felt Worse After My First Appt.
I should have read reviews before wasting my time and money. I found him rude, arrogant, and indifferent . It was clear he was more interested in himself than he was with me. He told me 3 times during our first meeting "There was nothing he could do for me if...... It was apparent he did not bother to read my history or the questionnaire I submitted before our meeting and as a result he ask me questions that I found personally offensive. He talked far too much about himself on my dime and I felt rushed as I was his last appointment of the day.. I've been under a doctor's care all of my adult life....and have dealt with several different psychiatrists throughout. He is the worst I've ever encountered.

April 3rd, 2015
The most incompetent medical representative I have ever encountered. The person is a danger to the patients who seek his help. He knows nothing about the field of medicine he is attempting to practice. My advice to anyone referred to see him is Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware. The burden is on the patient to discover the hazards before placing themselves in the care of one so risky and unknowledgeable. You could be placing your health at great risk!

March 23rd, 2015
Worst doctor I've ever seen. Condescending. Rude. Kind of a jerk.