Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

by Martha on Oct 21st, 2014

I was able to make an appointment within a few days of my first call. Dr Chenik listened to me and gave me medications which have really heled me during a difficult time in my life. I had no problems

|  Patient  |  show details
by Robert on Apr 15th, 2014

Took 10 minute questionnaire and told me no way will I get disability my first visit. I went to another who gave me disability in 6 months, He 4 hours the 1st day testing and hours each visit for testing and testing and testing . Dr. Chenik does not test clients and wasted my and his time.

by ahs on Apr 14th, 2014

Becky, the marriage and family therapist, is divorced yet again! Who would go see her when she can not even keep her own marriage(s) together! She should find another field of work.

|  Good Doc  |  show details
by Dennis Fridkin on Mar 28th, 2014

I found Dr Chenik to be very knowlegeable and helpful for my condition and would recommend him without question

|  Professional  |  show details
by James r. on Mar 25th, 2014

This site is worthless. When did it become acceptable to spread vicious gossip about a physician and his personal life. None of the following negative reviews contain any valid concerns. Accepting cash for co-pays ? So what. I also have a small business and no longer accept checks due to rising amount of people writing checks with insufficient funds. Sometimes I never collect on bad checks. This site is to provide consumers a balanced opinion on your personal experiences, not a forum to spread gossip or give your non- medical opinion of treatment of your adult child, specifically when you have no first hand knowledge of the doctor. Plain and simple, I see Dr. Chenik and have had no problems. My initial appointment was rather emergent, and he stayed late and saw me at 7 p.m. during the week. Dr. Chenik prescribes medications that work for me. I have no concerns with him or his office. Dr. Chenik's wife is typically busy with clients every time I have been to the office, and they seem to like her.

by K.L. on Mar 24th, 2014

Dr. Chenik answers his own phone and I was able to make an appointment with him within a few days. Dr. Chenik listens to me and I feel very comfortable with him. I have been a patient of his for over 6 months. I recently started seeing his wife, Becky Chenik, for therapy. She is easy to talk with and I feel that I have finally found a therapist who "gets me".

|  sure his practice is a scam  |  show details
by Lisa on Mar 17th, 2014

It's a racket. Not too hard to figure.....lol, only takes cash---- keeps it in a wad in his pocket, has no staff, has no idea who you are when you show up, makes you come in (no refills) so he can get his cash from patients monthly.....very sketchy. BUT....he has helped me. I moved here and was looking for a psych...he was referral from my ins co......we talked that first visit, the facts, history and medication for my condition. I told him and showed him my pill bottles, he basically agreed with what I was taking with the exception of one....We agreed removal of that one and addition of another, which is working much better for me. Since psychiatrsts are not therapists don't expect therapy, you get a diagnosis. I have a therapist for talk, psych for medication. I do resent having the co pay monthly.....literally money directly in his pocket since you know he is scamming insurance companies (it's only 10.00, but that's not the point) .....but it's the same co pay to any Dr for me, and since he watches what I'm taking, does not over medicate.....no fuss no muss.... (but he sure is impressed with himself for some reason, and such a unnecessary, silly name dropper he is......as if that makes HIM somehow a better person) it's all a rather amusing because he is such a ludicrous littlie man. Would I send someone new to him? Never. But I knew what I needed and know how to discuss medications. He would have so put me off had I been a novice to psychiatry.

|  Handsome doctor and beautiful wife.  |  show details
by Antonio on Mar 11th, 2014

I have been his patient for more than six months. I am a homosexual and he recommended I see his wife who is a family therapist. I could have not found a better duo to help me cope with my depression and anxiety. Also, being homosexual and attracted to mature older men, he is as hot as they make them. Very classy and always well dressed. I am very happy with the way he has treated me. He answers his own phone at anytime and he is always available. He even answers calls or messages while I am with him, which shows me that he cares about every one. I could be the one on the other side of the line calling for help. Becky, his wife, is an excellent therapist. She is so thorough and compassionate. And very beautiful. She listens to me and makes me feel heard. And that's precisely what I needed, to be heard. I stop for refills every month and a quick check up with dr chanik. I don't need him to spend much time with me since his wife Becky is in control of my therapy sessions. He prescribed me only what I really needed, and not what I thought I needed. They both have helped me find happiness within myself and I am very grateful to them. You wait longer at an Olive Garden than at his and her office. And they always remember my name. Thank you very much.

|  Great Practice!  |  show details
by Michelle Salado on Mar 4th, 2014

While Dr. Chenik can be a little distant, he is a no BS kind of guy. He's not going to tell you something you want to hear but rather, tell you the TRUTH! He has been instrumental in helping me to achieve mental stability. His wife Becky is the same way. They are both wonderful people. I would never go to another doctor.

|  Drug dealer  |  show details
by Marie on Feb 28th, 2014

This doctor should be arrested. I have an adult child with an addiction who was his patient, has no insurance, and was charged $180 a visit just to get Xanax prescriptions in increasing dosages. Prescribing Xanax to someone who is in a maintenance Methadone program is like a death sentence. I am not a doctor but know the dangers of that combination. This guy thrives on depressed, anxiety ridden patients who need help. It's even difficult to give him one star.

|  SUX!  |  show details
by Yippy Ki Yi Yay on Feb 24th, 2014

This guy is a bait and switch person. He'll be really sweet on the 1st visit and after that he doesn't know who you are, what your issues are and talks obscurely. One wonders if he is speaking to them or mumbling to himself because what he is saying is incoherent and irrelevant. He probably does this to keep people off kilter. He probably believes it gives him the upper hand and definitely derives a sense of power from it. The funny thing is, in reality, he is really coming across as a clown. Do not see this man. He will definitely ruin your day with his mind-f___ing. He's abusive and should be turned in and have his license yanked. Very scary for the layperson who can't see through his antics. In addition, his wife is pretty darn naive for a licensed counselor. No big "ah-ha" moments with her. Rather dim.

by s on Feb 13th, 2014

I did not feel comfortable this this Dr, Very strange vibe.

by EB on Jan 7th, 2014

He only spoke about himself and smelled like pot smoke. His wife was unkind and did not understand my family problems. After asking about the medical couple in this small "town", I discovered his wife has been married several times, broke up Dr. Chenik's former marriage and has problems keeping her own family together. As a family and marriage counselor, Becky Chenik is a farce and Dr. Chenik is a stoner psychiatrist.

|  Administrative Assistant  |  show details
by Becky E on Nov 4th, 2013

I have found Dr. Chenik to be instrumental in my health care. He is the ONLY Doctor that has EVER given me his personal cell phone number should I find myself in a crisis. He is very careful & thoughtful about his diagnosis and treatment. Honestly, I wouldn't go to anyone else.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
by Jack on Oct 27th, 2013

This guy was great!

|  Regarding Dr. Chenik.....  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2013

Dr. Richard Chenik is probably the best psychiatrist that I have used. After many years of needing more and more medications, Dr. Chenik took his time and showed great patience in helping me come to terms with the depression that I was dealing with for years. BB in the Desert

|  Tried other psychiatrist and this worked  |  show details
by Karen on Oct 22nd, 2013

After reading the other reviews I didn't know what to expect. But first off the office was really nice and there was no rude receptionist as the other reviewer wtrote about, which is fine with me. I don't want anyone to know I go to Psychiatrist. I sell real estate in the area and I don't need any bad press. My experience was very nice, I was not rushed and I thought Dr. Chenik listened to me more than the other two psychiatrists I had at Kaiser. He changed my meds and all the side effects I've been having went away and so has my depression. Be careful about what you read on the Internet, when was the last time you wrote a good review about your favorite cafe or store. Its only when you find a hair in your soup do we take to the stupid internet.

|  The Worst  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2013

The Worst!!!!!! Don't go to this guy!!!!!!

|  Bad Doctor  |  show details
by AHR on Aug 13th, 2013

I always found this same reviewer who gives this doctor 5 stars and is not true (because of this single positive review is that I went to see this doctor out of necessity). I really wonder if this person is related biologically to this doctor or friend. Anyways, please do not go to see this doctor. He is cruel with diagnosis and never listens and just DOES NOT CARE. After seeing him I was crying and crying for a long time. We need help not a coldhearted careless person. Trust me, he does not spend much time with the patient to properly diagnose a problem, he will get you out of his office in 5 minutes.

|  Nope  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2013

He does not care, never knows who I am, will not give refills, has no staff, is way into talking about himself, and was extremely rude to my parents. It's a copay for 3 questions and a prescription.

Apr 5th, 2013

Not sure what the previous reviewer's problem was - but Dr Chenik answers his own phone, even on weekends. Can you get much better than that??? Very accessbale and accurate. No, I'm not shopping for meds or xanax, but just some help through a difficult time, and found a great doctor who is willing to listen.

|  DO NOT SEE THIS QUACK!  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2013

I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone unless they are simply seeking a prescription for drugs. First off, it was impossible to get a real person on the phone, or even a call back after leaving a voicemail. It took one month of calling non stop until a person answered. Dr. Chenik did not listen, and diagnosed after 5 minutes of talking to me...what is he, psychic? I was there for the emotional/psychiatric issues that come along with having epilepsy, which he had NO clue of (and was not bashful to admit). He was rude, preconcieving, and rushed. He didnt even look at my med list before prescribing me with xanax, what if there was an adverse reaction? And then saying that he's never heard of it? Scary! I also needed some paperwork for work filled out, he did not even look at it and refused to sign anything. I should have trusted my gut when I got there, the office smelled like pee and the bathroom door didnt even lock. Someone walked in and saw me pee. Great therapy Dr. Chenik! Do NOT go to this quack unless you are a junkie looking for stimulants. Hope this helps.