Dr. Richard Naftalis MD, FACS Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

March 10th, 2015
Anterior Multiple Fusion (Cervical)
Dr Naftalis performed anterior multiple fusion (4) on me in 2001. I consider him among the top neurosurgeons in the country. I had then, and continue to have, complete confidence in his ability to provide an accurate diagnosis and treatment options. The very best!!

January 23rd, 2015
A horrible doctor. Made me cry. Thought he was god! Told me I had a stroke when the ct scan stated clearly it was a herniated disc pressing on my ventral cord. Then the MRI comes back and states just then and he then says, Oh its a herniated disc. He told me everything I was feeling (numbness in my arm etc ) had nothing to do with a disc issue. It does. Horrible bedside manner. He may be a good surgeon but I wasn't about to let him cut into me with that behavior!

September 16th, 2013
Dr Naftalis
Outstanding surgeon! Performed anterior discectomy and fusions at two levels. He explained my condition, options and his recommendations in enough detail to ensure I could make an informed decision. The surgery corrected my problems and recovery was less painful than I anticipated. He has a terrific support staff, as well. I only have compliments for Dr Naftalis and team!

May 18th, 2012
Dr. Naftalis is direct and to the point and provides good feedback to all questions asked. Handled my surgery great and I knew exactly what to expect. His staff handled all arrangements quickly and professionally. I would recommend him to friends.

July 19th, 2011
Dr. Naftalis
Dr. Naftalis performed a Anterior Cervical Disectomy with four fusions. We found him very knowledgeable and professional. Know doubt a skillful surgeon, with an appropriate bedside manner. We highly recommend his services and Baylor Hospital Staff.

October 14th, 2009
The most compassionate physician I have ever encountered. He has a wonderful bedside manner and saved my life.

May 7th, 2009
The Differently-Abled Children's Author
In 1998, I had a brain stem stroke. Few people survive this type of insult to their brain. Dr. Naftalis' deft hands, keen skills and brilliance brought me from death's door. He encouraged me to write a book about my experience. I'm on chapter six. I have been bitten by the writing bug. Four of my essays were published in Chicken Soup books and various articles & essays in magazines and three picture books under contract.

December 23rd, 2016