Dr. Richard Neahring MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

February 18th, 2016
Would not want to have to go to another eye doctor or clinic
I feel very confident with him and the clinic.

May 22nd, 2015
I have been a patient of De Nearing for many years. I have moved to Las Vegas, and even still I make my appointments with Dr Nearing. Yes, every time I come to Oregon, I see him. This tells you how much he is respected and how professional he Is in my mind.

December 21st, 2013
Very good experience
My glasses were ten years old and falling apart and it had been five years since I had last had my eyes checked. At my girlfriend's urging I decided it was time to get a check-up and update my frames. My girlfriend's sister had spent some years working at an eye clinic so I felt comfortable when she recommended Dr. Neahring. The whole experience was very pleasant (except for the dilated pupils). We were early for our appointment and still only had a 5 minute wait. I found Dr. Neahring to be very courteous as he explained each procedure; what he was looking for and what he found. I never felt rushed he asked questions about my profession and lifestyle and spent time thoroughly answering each question that I had. I also have to hand it to the staff. They fixed my current pair and assisted me in picking out new frames. It was clear they were not going to let me leave with glasses that I didn’t totally love. I think we went through almost every pair they had on hand. With their help I found a pair that should last me another ten years!

December 19th, 2013
Excellent experience
My recent visit was great. Dr. Neahring was professional and friendly. He took the time to answer all of the questions, in a way that I understood. I thought my exam was thorough. I will definitely refer my friends and family to Dr. Neahring.

December 16th, 2013
Deserves the Highest Praise
Dr Neahring was kind enough to squeeze my daughter in at the last minute on a Saturday. my 13 year old took a metal particle in the eye and needed attention. Dr explained everything, put parents and more importantly child at ease and performed procedure flawlessly. Thank You Thank You

November 24th, 2013
Surgical Assistant
Dr. Neahring is someone that I believe deserves five stars. The reasoning that I would take my time to give him this review, is that I believe he stands out as an outstanding example of a very caring, compassionate, and precise Surgeon. As someone who has assisted with Ophthalmic surgeries for over a decade now, assisting with over twenty different Surgeons in the Northwest, there is sincerely only one person that comes to mind as the one I would trust to perform my own Surgery, and that is Dr. Neahring. His level of precision is exemplary, coupled with his calm, collected demeanor, I feel he can overcome any obstacles that can occur in a surgery. He is thorough, with a keen ability to utilize time management - be efficient and thorough without cutting any corners or "rushing" through a procedure. I have seen him answer questions (yes - even during surgery) - and take the extra moments on the aspects that really matter in surgery. I would rate him a six if it were possible. He really is this incredible of a person. I easily recommend each and every family member that I have to him - as well as family and fellow community members.

November 24th, 2013
I've been a patient of Dr. Neahrings for almost 19 years . I have never been disappointed in his care. He will explain things and tell me why or why not certain proceedures are contra indicated based on my situation. His bedside manner is outstanding. If anyone is looking for any eye doctor/surgeon Dr. Neahring may be your perfect fit

November 22nd, 2013
Dr. Neahring is an excellent doctor and surgeon. His staff is especially helpful and caring.

November 21st, 2013
Best Eye Surgeon in Salem!!!!
Dr. Neahring is an amazing doctor. He is a technically excellent surgeon AND an exceptionally nice man. He genuinely cares about his patients and it shows in his attention to detail and kind, respectful attitude toward both his staff and his patients.

November 19th, 2013
Unqualified Recommendation
I have used Dr. Neahring for a number of years. Since I am diabetic, these annual examinations are critically important to me. Dr. Neahring has always been very profession, willing to take the time to do a through exam, and always willing to explain results and related issues, answering all of my questions. I recommend Dr. Neahring without qualification.

November 13th, 2013
I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Neahring. I had cataract surgery with him and found him very knowledgeable, friendly, and kind. The staff was very friendly and helpful through my many visits before and after surgery. I would recommend him to my friends and family any day.

October 21st, 2013
Great Doctor
I met Dr. Neahring at 3:00 a.m. one morning at his office. I had been sent there by the ER. I was diagnosed with accute narrow angle glaucoma and Dr. Neahring performed laser surgery immediately therefore saving my eyesight. In my opinion, Dr.Neahring is a great doctor.