Dr. Richard Oshaughnessy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

February 27th, 2015
Outstanding doctor

October 12th, 2013
Unprofessional
When I was diagnosed with TTTS in 2001, a procedure needed to be done to correct the problem but instead Dr. O chose to go on a previously planned holiday vacation with his family and said I would be fine until he returned. The condition rapidly progressed and while he was on vacation, I was in the hospital watching my babies die in the NICU. When you take the oath to be a physician, you have to choose what is best for your patients. No holiday vacation is worth the death of two innocent children.

October 6th, 2011
This Dr. is terribly unprofessional. He was concerned about my wife's borderline high bp and specifically preeclampsia. However, he proceeded to send my wife and I into a panic while telling us to immediately head to the hospital for testing. When I asked what this means, he stated "baby death", and left it at that. No joke. So my wife's bp obviously jumped another 10 points. This was simply unacceptable bedside manner, and borderline malicious.

June 7th, 2011
The evaluation I underwent seemed to be professional. I'd rate the time he spent as average. His nurse was poor and didn't return my calls

February 27th, 2011
Big disappointment
He came very highly recommended but was largely a disappointment. First let me say that I didn't see anything to question his clinical skill. My issue was largely with some requests that I made to which they initially responded favorably but ultimately I couldn't get them to follow up or return a call.

January 1st, 2010
I had to go to Dr O'Shaughnessy after my regular dr found fluid on my babys brain. He was very good about asking questions to get the information he needed and answering any questions that we had. They ended up running a bunch of tests to try to find out what the problem is and he was very good about talking us through the whole process and explaining each step and step and why he was doing each test. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is high risk! He is an amazing dr!

December 10th, 2009
Hydataform Mole
This doctor diagnosed me as having a molar pregnancy back in the late 70's, early 80's. Just wanted him to know that I am still fine and grateful for his care.