Anesthesiologist (pain control), Neurological Surgeons, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile
North Hills
3400 Wake Forest Rd
Raleigh, NC 27609
919-862-5650
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

• Currently 1.9047619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 1.9047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  worst doctor I've ever been to!  |  show details
by Brenda R. on Jan 2nd, 2014

This man refused to answer my questions, he claimed that weren't relative! Yet demanded that I answer his irrelevant questions about such things as, "what was my pain level after procedures I had done almost 14 years ago!!! "Why did I leave my last job?" Etc...all of which could not be answered by me! So, he said he'd do the procedure IF I provided him with ALL of my medical records from the past 14 years! Impossible!! He was rude & short with me, so I dished it right back at him! He later left the practice AND state without even following up with me! When I called to schedule another appt my file was lost! When found, I was told that he wrote that he would never do a procedure on me! Yet, my regular neurosurgeon and St. Jude's reps all agreed that I need and should get this done! I am warning all..do NOT waste a minute of your life going to see this man! He is no decent doctor! At all! A total disgrace to the field!

|  Ulnar nerve  |  show details
by Jennifer H on Oct 29th, 2013

I had 2 surgeries from an orthopedic doctor that didn't go well to say the least. I went to see 3 other doctors that only told me there was nothing they could do for me. I found Dr.Osenbach at Duke after not giving up and I'm so thankful. After examining me thoroughly he said, I need to explore your nerve to find out why your nerve is so inflamed. I had no other choice but to trust him and so glad I did. He said, my ulnar nerve looked mutilated and repaired as much as he could, and also implanted a nerve stimulator to help with the pain until the nerve calmed down, that was 12 years ago. His bedside manner I had no problem with. He was very focused on what was causing the pain and ultimately it was his expertise that mattered.

Jul 2nd, 2012

I have been to Neurosurgeons from Duke to John's Hopkins. Dr Osenbach was the only one who took the time to explain what was going on in my head. He was very caring and understanding. I highly reccommend him to anyone who has TN

|  Darn good Doctor  |  show details
by Jarvis on Dec 14th, 2010

Dr. Osenbach is a fine doctor. He is extremely good at his profession. He is a little rough with his bedside manners but,with all the patients he has he could not possibly afford to spend all the time you want him to.(I don't care about a Doctors bedside manners as long as they help me with my problem.)But that said, he will take all the time needed to answer any questions that you have,so,what more can you ask for?Also I have been under the knife with him 3 times and he has better bedside manners than 1/st time,so he's chilling out since he moved to Cape Fear.

|  The most uncaring man I have ever met  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2010

I have been to see several neurosurgeons, I have had two brian operations to remove a tumor and then to have an MVD procedure. I was referred to Dr> O with severe facial pain to see if there was anything he could do to help me. He was rude, told me it was hopeless, nothing would help my pain, he would operate, but he still did not think it would work, and the procedure he did think would work was not covered by insurance , so he just said it was "Hopeless." He was so uncaring and I am a 32 year old mother of four who wants to find a way out of this. There are several other good neurosurgeons in the Raleigh area, AVOID HIM!! I cried like a baby from the moment he opened his mouth. So RUDE!!

|  Brain Tumor  |  show details
by C. Douglas on Jul 2nd, 2010

I had a brain tumor about the size of a grapefruit on the right side of my brain, that w. Dr. O and Dr. Roberts, did an excellent job with the removal of it. So much so, thaas found in Dec. of last year, and removed in Jan. of this year. I was able to go in home after the surgery in just 5 days. My Follow-ups have been. I'm actually in college at the moment, and doing rather well. I am truly grateful for the service I received from my doctors. I feel good about recommending him to someone.

|  Sees patients as cattle  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2010

Dr. Osenbach has the worst bedside manner that I have ever seen and could ever imagine. He is unwilling to listen to patient concerns, does not answers most questions and is extremly rude and abrupt to patients and nurses. 3 nurses complained to me about Dr. Osenbach, because he forgets that nurses are also people

|  Get another doctor-FAST  |  show details
May 6th, 2010

After my daughter suffered a severe brian injury, this man met us in the emergency room. He told us that he didn't think that she would survive. He said that if she did survive she would never be able to communicate with anyone, or understand what was said to her. He "wouldn't want to live that way." He wanted our consent to organ donation. This was ten hours after she came into the emergency room. He had never moved her to the specialized neuro intensive care unit where she would get the care she needed. We immedately got my daughter an MD, who moved her to the neuro ICU. She had a tough recovery, but if you met my daughter now, you would never know of her problem. She's a normal woman in her 20s.I pity anyone treated by this man.

|  Reason for Poor rating  |  show details
by Jan on Mar 18th, 2010

This Dr. is very hard to talk to, I felt like he was rushing through my appt. He has no bedside manner AT ALL!!!! He is just very mean, he has even yelled at me! I was still having pain when I went for a follow up and he dismissed me and just said "but I have a 100% success rate" To me it sounds like he is only worried about medical board reviews, not how I feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  On a positive note  |  show details
by D. on Dec 18th, 2009

Went in for surgery to repair a severely ruptured cervical disc. There were complications because of calcifications that did not show on the MRI, making the procedure much more involved and tedious. Had loss of use of hand and leg after surgery due to bruised spinal cord. Dr. O was extremely supportive and caring. Explained everything very well and took time to answer our questions. He came to see me during my hospital visit more than one time a day, sometimes between surgeries. He seemed genuinely excited when seeing my progress. Cautious but positive about recovery. Office visit was very positive and explained very well the procedure and recovery at my initial appointment. Recovering very well, great progress. Very satisfied with my care!

|  This man has no compassion for his patients.  |  show details
by Fayettevile patients daughter on Aug 30th, 2009

My mother was referred to the Dr because of a cyst on her spine. He was rude, hateful & had no compassion when he told her there was nothing he could do for her. He did not offer any other options about her care or how to cope with her condition. He was just so arrogant & uncaring. If you've had the misfortune of seeing him, you might want to get a second opinion, just to be sure you got the right information.

May 29th, 2009

very rude and unprofessional

May 14th, 2009

this dr is a jerk arrogant and hateful

|  He grows on you.  |  show details
by RayM on Apr 14th, 2009

I would have to agree that he has the worst bedside manner. The nurses were calling him "House" behind his back. He grew on me. He's loud, rude and very direct, but he smiled when I needed him to. He was "gentle" in his own way, when he said that my mother's brain tumor would take her life. He diagnosed my mother within 4 hours after 2 hospitals got it wrong and for that I am grateful. He knows his stuff and I am glad that he was my mother's doctor. Because of him, my family got a realistic answer and we were able to prepare for my mother's death, which will be any day now. We got a chance to spend some time with her and say good-bye. He doesn't have the "best" attitude, but I kinda like him, just a little.

|  Run to another Neurosurgeon  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2008

I have been a nurse for 10 years, this doctor has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. Told our family he would be in to see my Father after he told us without any compassion or understanding that my Father had a brain tumor. After waiting in the SICU all day at 8pm I asked the nurse to page him and he called back and told the nurse to tell us he was too just tired to come and see my Dad. I am now looking for another MD while my Dad sits in a hospital bed with a Doctor that won't come see him.

|  Arrogant, condescending, pompous, cold  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2008

my grandmother had the misfortune of being stuck w/him after an accident. I spent nearly 20 years in healthcare and he has one of the worst attitudes I've every seen. Made my family feel so stupid they were terrified to bring her to the hospital when they needed to. She had a "mild subdural hematoma" nothing to worry about, just be patient he said. In 3 days she was totally blind, which he said was totally unrelated to the injury and we just needed to go home and be patient. by day 7 she had suffered 3 strokes and had no use of her left side. She is in emergency surgery as we speak. We don't know if she'll even survive!