Dr. Richard Osenbach MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Jonesboro, AR

3.1

January 19th, 2016
Would trust My Mobility and life to him.
Took care of 20 years of terrible neck, elbow, and arm pain.

February 24th, 2015
jerk, now butchering in Harrisburg PA
Complete Idiot! Beware! Stay away not bedside manner what so ever. They treat you like a number there! He butchered my back now will not help me. he may have done permenant damage to my back. I am in the process of getting a second opinion. He doesn't care about the patient only himself and his reputation!

January 2nd, 2014
worst doctor I've ever been to!
This man refused to answer my questions, he claimed that weren't relative! Yet demanded that I answer his irrelevant questions about such things as, "what was my pain level after procedures I had done almost 14 years ago!!! "Why did I leave my last job?" Etc...all of which could not be answered by me! So, he said he'd do the procedure IF I provided him with ALL of my medical records from the past 14 years! Impossible!! He was rude & short with me, so I dished it right back at him! He later left the practice AND state without even following up with me! When I called to schedule another appt my file was lost! When found, I was told that he wrote that he would never do a procedure on me! Yet, my regular neurosurgeon and St. Jude's reps all agreed that I need and should get this done! I am warning all..do NOT waste a minute of your life going to see this man! He is no decent doctor! At all! A total disgrace to the field!

October 29th, 2013
Ulnar nerve
I had 2 surgeries from an orthopedic doctor that didn't go well to say the least. I went to see 3 other doctors that only told me there was nothing they could do for me. I found Dr.Osenbach at Duke after not giving up and I'm so thankful. After examining me thoroughly he said, I need to explore your nerve to find out why your nerve is so inflamed. I had no other choice but to trust him and so glad I did. He said, my ulnar nerve looked mutilated and repaired as much as he could, and also implanted a nerve stimulator to help with the pain until the nerve calmed down, that was 12 years ago. His bedside manner I had no problem with. He was very focused on what was causing the pain and ultimately it was his expertise that mattered.

July 2nd, 2012
I have been to Neurosurgeons from Duke to John's Hopkins. Dr Osenbach was the only one who took the time to explain what was going on in my head. He was very caring and understanding. I highly reccommend him to anyone who has TN

December 14th, 2010
Darn good Doctor
Dr. Osenbach is a fine doctor. He is extremely good at his profession. He is a little rough with his bedside manners but,with all the patients he has he could not possibly afford to spend all the time you want him to.(I don't care about a Doctors bedside manners as long as they help me with my problem.)But that said, he will take all the time needed to answer any questions that you have,so,what more can you ask for?Also I have been under the knife with him 3 times and he has better bedside manners than 1/st time,so he's chilling out since he moved to Cape Fear.

July 21st, 2010
The most uncaring man I have ever met
I have been to see several neurosurgeons, I have had two brian operations to remove a tumor and then to have an MVD procedure. I was referred to Dr> O with severe facial pain to see if there was anything he could do to help me. He was rude, told me it was hopeless, nothing would help my pain, he would operate, but he still did not think it would work, and the procedure he did think would work was not covered by insurance , so he just said it was "Hopeless." He was so uncaring and I am a 32 year old mother of four who wants to find a way out of this. There are several other good neurosurgeons in the Raleigh area, AVOID HIM!! I cried like a baby from the moment he opened his mouth. So RUDE!!

July 2nd, 2010
Brain Tumor
I had a brain tumor about the size of a grapefruit on the right side of my brain, that w. Dr. O and Dr. Roberts, did an excellent job with the removal of it. So much so, thaas found in Dec. of last year, and removed in Jan. of this year. I was able to go in home after the surgery in just 5 days. My Follow-ups have been. I'm actually in college at the moment, and doing rather well. I am truly grateful for the service I received from my doctors. I feel good about recommending him to someone.

June 1st, 2010
Sees patients as cattle
Dr. Osenbach has the worst bedside manner that I have ever seen and could ever imagine. He is unwilling to listen to patient concerns, does not answers most questions and is extremly rude and abrupt to patients and nurses. 3 nurses complained to me about Dr. Osenbach, because he forgets that nurses are also people

May 6th, 2010
Get another doctor-FAST
After my daughter suffered a severe brian injury, this man met us in the emergency room. He told us that he didn't think that she would survive. He said that if she did survive she would never be able to communicate with anyone, or understand what was said to her. He "wouldn't want to live that way." He wanted our consent to organ donation. This was ten hours after she came into the emergency room. He had never moved her to the specialized neuro intensive care unit where she would get the care she needed. We immedately got my daughter an MD, who moved her to the neuro ICU. She had a tough recovery, but if you met my daughter now, you would never know of her problem. She's a normal woman in her 20s.I pity anyone treated by this man.

March 18th, 2010
Reason for Poor rating
This Dr. is very hard to talk to, I felt like he was rushing through my appt. He has no bedside manner AT ALL!!!! He is just very mean, he has even yelled at me! I was still having pain when I went for a follow up and he dismissed me and just said "but I have a 100% success rate" To me it sounds like he is only worried about medical board reviews, not how I feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 18th, 2009
On a positive note
Went in for surgery to repair a severely ruptured cervical disc. There were complications because of calcifications that did not show on the MRI, making the procedure much more involved and tedious. Had loss of use of hand and leg after surgery due to bruised spinal cord. Dr. O was extremely supportive and caring. Explained everything very well and took time to answer our questions. He came to see me during my hospital visit more than one time a day, sometimes between surgeries. He seemed genuinely excited when seeing my progress. Cautious but positive about recovery. Office visit was very positive and explained very well the procedure and recovery at my initial appointment. Recovering very well, great progress. Very satisfied with my care!