Dr. Richard Ospina Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Ospina?

December 8th, 2015

He gave me the wrong diagnosis... He doesnt know anything about epilepsy

October 2nd, 2015

I have been with Dr. Ospina for 7 years now. He is kind, thorough, responsive, LISTENS, and even rapidly responds to emails if something concerns me between appointments. I went through several neurologists before finding him. He is not an MS specialist, but as a patient that can advocate for myself, he has been an great fit for me.

September 17th, 2015

I Got Good Meds, Hurtful Judgement, Unhelpful Answrrs

We'd just met. I told Dr Ospina about my migraines getting much worse from the stress of moving to a new city, and he said he was surprised that moving to DC from a small VA town was so stressful for me. When I pressed him, he smiled and said he moved here from Colombia, as if to compare with my 'overreaction', made worse since I was 'only 25'. He then asked about my skin and I told him I had a nervous habit picking at acne, and he lifted my shirt and suggested I had OCD. After seeing me for 15min and judging me for being stressed while moving? Worse, when I asked, he gave no reasons for these comments. I have a psychiatrist and know more about myself by now than I ever intended. He had no grounds on which to make any of those assumptions. He is a doctor, and it is an abuse of power. I will carry his unasked-for opinions with me for a long time now because of the weight of his station in my continued search for someone to help me and treat me like a person.

August 6th, 2014

Excellent Physician

I highly recommend him as a neurologist. He is greatly valued in the field for his expertise with brain injuries and other neurological problems. He has a gentle manner about him that is most soothing and at the same time firm enough to give you total confidence in him as a doctor. He is most impressive.

June 28th, 2012

Wow!!

I have never had a doctor bring me to his office first, sit down at his desk, look at me and talk to me about my symptoms, condition, history, etc. He then examined me, then took me back to his office and went through his thoughts. Absolutely blown away at his level of knowledge, how caring, compassionate and engaging he was, and his expertise. I could not rate him highly enough, especially considering the number of neurologists I have seen and who were unaware of my rare condition. He is a MUST see!

June 1st, 2012

Bad expirence

have to wait like a n hour an in the office only 15 min she gave me for 2 years the wrong medicine an now i change doctor an feel better

September 16th, 2011

Dr. Ospina is Thorough, Kind and Takes Time to Understand Fully

Dr. Ospina fit me into his schedule last minute in an emergency and so I can't really comment on normal waiting times, etc. because I haven't experienced that. He took a LOT of time with me. He listening in detail re. my symptoms and how they had initially started, asking clarifying questions, reviewing CT films and discussing them with me, doing a thorough neurological exam, and explaining what he was going to do next and why and what he thought my diagnosis is while ordering a further necessary test to confirm based on previous findings. Dr. Ospina was compassionate and I believe really cared about me as a person, rather than just rushing a patient through to get to the next one, even though adding me last minute put his schedule behind. He demonstrated concern about the pain and told me to call if the interim med. didn't work, which I had to do at one point and his staff immediately got back to me to let me know a new prescrip. had been called in so I could get started right away. I can't recommend Dr. Ospina strongly enough. He is thoughtful and knowledgeable and cares about his patients.

July 28th, 2011

Dr. Richard Ospina is Great!

I had been going to another neurologist who had a terrible bedside manner, gave very short and terse answers and did not communicate well or listen well to my concerns. I heard about Dr. Ospina from a friend and made an appointment with him to get a "second opinion" on my diagosis. I have never gone back to the first doctor, and never will.Dr. Ospina is a breath of fresh air. He spent time with my wife and I in explaining the issues I am going through (MS) and walked us through the options. I am so grateful that I found him and would recommend him to anyone with MS problems.

July 2nd, 2010

He's patient, listens and you never feel rushed. Very intelligent. Great doctor.

June 2nd, 2010

He's a wonderful man and excellent diagnostician.

March 24th, 2010

Dr. Ospina spent quality time with me and never made me feel rushed. He asked questions and made sure he understood my symptoms fully. He also told me about his family. I would recommend Dr. Ospina to everyone I know. He really cares, and he is professional.

October 16th, 2017