Neurological Surgeon, Peripheral Nerve Surgery
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Amazing Neurosurgeon  |  show details
by Ryan on Dec 15th, 2014

I wanted to take a moment to help readers understand how wonderful of a Neurosurgeon Dr. Ostrup is. I have spinal stenosis and I have undergone prior experimental surgery from the late Dr.Waltz whom used artificial gel disk back in 2007. After needing to find another Neurosurgeon that was familiar with such uncommon parcigures I was referred to Dr. Ostrup. When I met Dr. Ostrup I knew that his experience and knowledge and understanding demenor he was the right person for the job if I wanted to continue walking and lead a productive life. I want to personally thru this blog "Thank you so much Dr. Ostrup for your amazing ability to give me back my ability to walk again and lead a pain free life for now!!!"

|  An Oasis in the Desert  |  show details
by Belinda Lanois on Dec 11th, 2014

Dr. Ostrup is part of my HMO and he was worth the wait. I had seen a number of other doctors in my HMO prior to Dr. O and none of them seemed to be understanding of my symptoms. It was extremely frustrating. Dr. O came highly recommended through a friend and I am so thankful I contacted his office. Dr. Ostrup was the first doctor who listened to me share my symptoms and was genuinely concerned as well as empathetic. When he looked at my MRI, he validated why I was having the symptoms I was having. It was an incredible sense of relief to have a doc who finally understood. I can't leave out that Dr. O also has a great sense of humor that really adds to his bedside manner. Dr. O has always taken the time to answer all of my questions, even before going into surgery. Not only is Dr. Ostrup amazing, Joleeen, his business associate, has been nothing but kind, helpful, and sweet. There is a reason Dr. Ostrup is one of the top surgeons in San Diego - because he is top notch. Thank you Dr. Ostrup!

|  show details
Apr 26th, 2012

Wonderful experience. No waiting, proper diagnosis. Amazing results. Very attentive and impressed with his follow-up post surgery.

|  Still in Pain  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

Ostrup is not interested in helping. He was rude, makes you wait longer than an hour an half to see him for him to Show how much he doesnt care. His staff was over stressed, overworked and it showed.He at one time must have been good..to bad he let it go to his head and he is HORRIBLE..unless u like to be in pain..he will keep you there. Save yourself and go somewhere else.

|  The Best Neurosurgeon!  |  show details
May 14th, 2011

Dr. Ostrup is the best there is. Sometimes it is a very long wait to see him, but it is definitely worth it.

|  Great Physician  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

Yes, it is a bit of a nightmare to schedule with him and you will always wait forever- but he did my surgery and is the most caring, competent physician I have encountered. You have to wait to be taken care of by the best. A nurse told me in the hospital after my surgery that Dr. Ostrup is thought of as the best neurosurgwon in San Diego by his fellow MDs and health care professionals. He will take a long time with you in consults and at your bedside. A wonderful man and physician. My son wants ot be a doc and I hope he grows up to be like Dr. Ostrup.

|  Terrible - do not go to this doctor  |  show details
May 11th, 2010

Wait time of 3 hours is not unusual. He is a VERY poor listener. Could care less about what I had to say. Caused a month delay in care because he wouldn't listen. I fired him after being in his care for 2 months trying to get to surgery...he's a jerk! Not my first time seeing him - trust me on this review or go wait in his waiting room and listen to the other poor souls in his care.

|  Nova Scotia  |  show details