A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ames:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ames, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, and Nephrology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Dialysis Access Surgery, High Blood Pressure Hypertension, and Kidney Dialysis Renal Dialysis.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Ames graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ames has 20 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ames accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
More Accepted Insurance