A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ames, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, and Nephrology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Dialysis Access Surgery, High Blood Pressure Hypertension, and Kidney Dialysis Renal Dialysis.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Ames graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ames has 18 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincents Midtown Hospital
- New York Presbyterian Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ames accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ames:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard P. Ames practice?
Dr. Richard Ames practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Nephrology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: NY, NY.
See New York Internists, New York Oncologists, New York Hematologists, and New York Nephrologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Dick Ames, Dr. Ricardo Ames, Dr. Rich Ames, Dr. Richie Ames, Dr. Rick Ames, Dr. Rickey Ames