Urologists
532 S Aiken Ave
Ste 414
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
412-681-6632
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

|  Rating Dr. Jacobs  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2012

This was the most unpleasant visit with a doctor for a long time. The doctor exhibited no compassion and was in a hurry to finish work for the day. After he started a procedure (cystoscopy) whichwas so painful that I screamed for him to stop. Two days later I am still in great pain during urination. He orderedpyridium which is worthless.I have had this procedure before with little discomfort. The uroligist used some kind of numbing medication on thepenis which helped a lot. I mentioned this to the urologist without success.I dread the next few days as it will be aweekend. I was told to call back on Monday. I fear blockage of the urethrawhich would mean a trip to the emergency room.I was referred to this doctor by my PCP. I will certainly tell him of my awful experience.

|  show details
Jul 10th, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Jacobs by another urologist who informed me that I had "suspicious" tissue present & as one of the pre-eminant physicians in the region, I could pursue my treatment plan w/Dr. Jacobs. Dr. Jacobs was very thorough in his initial exam & recomended a surgical procedure. Bottom line, the procedure went flawlessly, as did my follow-up. Two years out, all is well. Dr. Jacobs' performance exceeded his reputation. Thank you.

|  Dr Jacobs will not admit that a condition is beyond his knowledge  |  show details
by Former Patient on May 5th, 2010

Dr Jacobs was unable to disgnose my chronic pain after several office visits and a procedure. Therefore, he said that my pain was psychological. My pain condition was diagnosed and treated on my second visit at Cleveland Clinic who stated that my pain is clearly very real.