Dr. Richard Pare MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 19th, 2015
Been my doctor for 15 years! The best

June 16th, 2015
One of the Best Ophthalmologists
Dr. Pare is charming, smart, and provides excellent care for his patients. He takes the time to listen to his patients and he is conscientious of financial issues, he won't tell you to get a new pair of glasses if you do not need them. He is funny and has a great rapport with everyone who works with him. I really enjoy my visits and I'm very glad I found Dr. Pare. I highly recommend him or one of his 2 partners, Dr. Hewitt and Dr. Dunbar to all of my friends and neighbors.

May 9th, 2012
Worst Dr. Ever!
I took my mom to see him for her Glaucoma. Since she has had financial difficulty and hasn't been able to make appointments when Dr. Pare wanted her too he has now refused to treat her. She was told to get a new Dr. that he wasn't "dealing" with her anymore. He was rude and inconsiderate. Treated her like she was negligent when the real problem was financial and he didn't care and didn't want to hear it. I truly hope that the Dr. he goes to see treats him better than he treats his patients.

March 21st, 2012
Terrible and misdiagnosed
After waiting for 40 minutes for my appt I started talking to other patients that were waiting and I was told this is how the office operates. When I was finally called back the nurse was very nice and did a fabulous job as was the office manager. However, Dr. Pare never once looked me in the eye when I spoke to him. He completely ignored my symptoms and misdiagnosed me. When I tried to get him to listen to me he kept cutting me off and giving me his "correct" diagnosis. When I refused to take the prescription he stormed out of the room, dropped my file on the front desk, and told me to check out there. Not a good experience. This doctor really didn't listen and was lacking compassion.

September 28th, 2010
I had a serious corneal infection and Dr. Pare' diagnosed and treated the problem with expertise. Thanks to him, I can still see well out of my eye

August 19th, 2010
uncooperative if you want to buy your glasses elsewhere
I was disappointed with Dr. Pare'; he was unwilling to provide my pupillary distance even after I specifically asked for it, citing he would not want to "promote" his clients going elsewhere to buy glasses. I feel I am paying for an eye exam and for the perscription - Dr. Pare' may have prevented me from buying my glasses online but I didn't buy them from him and he lost me, my husband and my elderly parents as clients....I hope it was worth the sale of a pair of glasses to him.

August 9th, 2010
AL Fitzwater (Col, USAF Retired)
A great doctor!

September 26th, 2009
Dr. Pare misdiagnosed my husband. He told him he had a cateract, it was subsequently diagnosed that he had a malignant melanoma. He died in 2007