Sep 7th, 2016

Dr. Pearce believes his duty ends when surgery is finished. He finished my surgery at 12:20 pm but did not call or visit my husband in the waiting room when my surgery was finished. My husband found my location by calling the hospital CEO at 4:00 pm. Dr. Pearce told me prior to surgery that I would be in recovery room for 1 hour but I was in recovery room for 5 hours because the hospital did not have a room for me. He did not oversee my care in recovery room where I was abused, neglected, & was given medications in error.

Doctor's Response

We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Spine Surgery Associates, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with the Practice Administrator. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call Karin at 423-756-6623 ext. 2019.

Excellent physician! show details Excellent physician!
by Jamie on Aug 23rd, 2016

I took my daughter to see Dr. Pearce for a 2nd opinion for scoliosis and we were so please with our visit. He was very thorough explains about her condition, he was empathetic with us, and he treated us with respect. I highly recommend Dr. Pearce!

Jul 28th, 2016

The best!

Jun 9th, 2016

I LIKE THIS GUY but expect more in the way of suggested treatment. Not that what he said didn't work at the time but that diagnosis and treatment being in 2006 turned into something different here in 2016 so I believe that had I been told to take physical therapy and treat the condition with other than lidocaine patches and vicodin, I probably wouldn't be in worse shape now.

Doctor's Response

The Best in the Region! show details The Best in the Region!
by Brett Hale on Mar 12th, 2016

I have been treated by Dr. Pearce for over 10 years. In my opinion he is the best Spine Surgeon in the region. I have had both lumbar and cervical fusion and both have significantly improved my quality of life. Yes I still have to be careful on what I can and should do. Dr. Pearce is continually helping me to determine the extent of my limitations. Great professional and I hope he never retires. I highly recommend Dr. Pearce to anyone considering spine surgery.

Doctors don't come any better than this. show details Doctors don't come any better than this.
by James Catlett on Jan 26th, 2016

God has blessed Dr. Pearce with an amazing medical talent and a warm and friendly personality. What a wonderful combination! How blessed I am to have him as my doctor.

by Stacy Hannah on Jan 21st, 2016

Dr Pearce and his staff are AWESOME.

Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Teresa Goins on Dec 29th, 2015

Dr. Pearce gave me a pain free life, sure I still have limitations and tenderness after my surgery when I don't obey Drs. orders like I should but he was a God send. I can walk and move freely. Dr. Pearce gave me a clear understanding of what my surgery would consist of. He is compassionate and never rushes, I'm always in and out in aprox. 45 mins. . I would recommend him to anyone with back pain. I will go back to him for any future problems.

by Michael Gray/Ellen Ford on Dec 26th, 2015

Such a caring Physician! He was a God send for my husband!

He is outstanding. show details He is outstanding.
by Rosie Shearin on Dec 24th, 2015

I first met Dr. Pearce 20 years ago. He has helped me through several different issues and has always been spot on in diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Pearce is thorough in his exam and conservative with treatment. He is generous with his time and answers all questions. The entire staff treat you with care and respect. I thank each of them for taking care of me and if you are in need of a group of fantastic doctors, nurses and staff to help you get your life back to normal this is where you should go. Thank you so much.

by Larry Lampman on Dec 23rd, 2015

The ONLY spine surgeon who already has three times, and will ever operate on my spine. The BEST in this entire 3 state region! NO DOCTOR knows what to do in surgery better than Dr Pearce.

Dr. Pearce is great!! show details Dr. Pearce is great!!
by C. McNabb on Dec 22nd, 2015

Great Experience with Dr Pearce, he was honest about my condition and my options. He answered my many questions thoroughly and never seemed the least bit rushed or bothered by them. Definitely recommend

Dec 20th, 2015

This is the second surgery I have had with Dr. Pearce. I returned because he has always listened, offered his expert opinion, yet comsidered my feelings and fears, and I have had very successful outcomes, which I attribute to his knowledge and skill.

Excellent Doctor and Staff show details Excellent Doctor and Staff
by David Stewart on Dec 7th, 2015

Fantastic Doctor who is second to none at what he does. If you are able to get an appointment to see Dr. Pearce, don't hesitate. You will not be disappointed.

by Pam Triplett on Nov 14th, 2015

If you want a surgeon who will sit down with you, spend time with you and have your best interest at heart for your quality of life then that would be Dr. Pearce. I have only had 2 visits with Dr. Pearce but the staff is always courteous and the wait time is appropriate. I would highly recommend Dr. Pearce to everyone and I feel that as a patient for an upcoming surgery that I am in competent hands for a successful surgery.

by Tyra Sherrill on Nov 2nd, 2015

I love the attention I receive from Dr. Pearce and his staff. They treat me as if I'm the only patient there. His diiagnosis is spot on and Dr. Pearce's treatment Is always what is best for me.

by Jackie allen on Jan 12th, 2015

The best!!!!!

Helped me and saved my husbands life, THANK YOU DR. PEARCE, WE BOTH LOVE YOU!!! show details Helped me and saved my husbands life, THANK YOU DR. PEARCE, WE BOTH LOVE YOU!!!
by Janet Ballard on Nov 3rd, 2014

For my cervical fusion and my husband's emergency surgery, there is no better Doctor, AWESOME!!!

I was blessed... show details I was blessed...
Jun 24th, 2014

I had to have my 5 & 6 fused after waking up with severe pain in my shoulder, arm, and hand. After asking my primary care doctor, who would he want operating on him or his child...he told me Richard Pearce. Hours before my surgery and there after, I was told by strangers and friends that I just had the best spinal surgeon in Chattanooga operate on me. He is like talking to a friend, not doctor. He breaks everything down so well when speaking that you fully understand everything. You can sense the concern he has for his patients. I give him an A ! Thanks Dr. Pearce your a blessing to a lot of people

Mar 29th, 2012

I had been having headaches and pain in my arm and shoulder for years. I went to Dr. Pearce and he did the proper tests and diagnosed the problem. I had to have neck surgery on C5 and C6 in my neck to remove bone spurs and correct a degenerative disc condition. The surgery went great it it absolutely took care of my problem. Everything went exactly as he told me. The best spine surgeon anywhere!!!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse