Dr. Richard Pelker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

August 18th, 2015
Recommended.

April 18th, 2015
arrogant snob

May 30th, 2013
The experience up until meeting with the doctor was great! He gave me the impression he was in a hurry. Didn't seem at all interested in the discomfort I was in. Asked to review a document I had from a different physician and he literally spent about 2 seconds glancing at it before returning it to me. There was no way he could've read anything that was in the report. I understand that he is very skilled and that is the reason I went to him but I wish he could display a little more empathy and pretend to care about the patient. One day he may be in the same boat and I can't imagine he would want his physician to be anything other than compassionate, empathetic, personable.

June 18th, 2012
knee replacement
He did a total knee replacement I saw him for 2 min. in the hospital the morning after my surgey only to tell me he was going away for the weekend.so I never saw him the whole time I was in the hospital. I went to see him because after 4 weeks my leg swell up and was hot to touch and was running a fever he toldme it was ok.would not do a blood test or x rsay told me to wait for 4 more weeks. Well let me tell you I have a bad infection in my knee and in my bone ,would not of had this if he would just listen to me. Not very happy with this Doctor.

April 12th, 2012
Pelker has no compassion
My experience with Dr. Pelker was sub-par. He didn't show up at appointments after the surgery even after I had sent a letter expressing my concerns. He is cold, uncompassionate and can't see past his own ego. I have to have another surgery due to the problems that I experienced that Pelker would NOT address during follow up visits. Yale should be ashamed to have him on their team.

October 14th, 2011
Sullen, dismissive but skillful

July 7th, 2011
Surgeon for knee(s) replacement
I went into finding a doctor to replace my knees with almost forensic detail. I talked to lots of people.....patients, nurses, physical therapists etc. I watched people walk and move after surgery. I chose Dr. Pelker because he had a very good track record. Is he warm and fuzzy, no. Is he good....yes he is. Other professionals have recommended him to their patients after seeing my results.

February 18th, 2010
spent 5 min. with me. did not listen to my explanation of my problem. Looked at the x-ray and mri that had been done by my primary care practioner and said that there was nothing wrong and sent me away eventhough my knee and leg still continues to hurt. In short is was also, very RUDE and acted like I wasted his time.

February 3rd, 2010
Knows what he is talking about, tells it like it is, yet doesn't jump into surgery