A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Penson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Penson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Penson
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Penson Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Female Genital Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Penson graduated from St. Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College, London, England. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Penson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mass General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard T Penson MD is a male Oncologist , has 25 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Richard T. Penson practice?
- Dr. Richard Penson has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Penson practices Medical Oncology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Oncologists.