Pediatricians
5664 Bee Ridge Rd
Ste 202
Sarasota, FL 34233
941-377-6406
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Worst pediatrician Ever!!!! stay AWAY!!!!  |  show details
by Jennifer M. on Jul 25th, 2014

My kids used to have him on insurance as primary provider. He is sooo RUDE!!! He talks down on you as a parent and is verbally abusive! I can't tell you how awful he used to make me feel as a parent & then when I asked other parents if they had ever heard of him. They all day he treats his patients mostly parents like they are the stupidest people and he is the all mighty who knows all! Can't stand this dr. So happy we left. My only regret is that if didint leave sooner. Do yourself a favor and stay away!! Trust me!!

|  Rude, Rude, Rude!  |  show details
by Jen P. on Jul 25th, 2014

This man should not be working with people, much less CHILDREN!!!! No one should ever visit this Dr.

|  Feedback on 18 years of experience  |  show details
by Barb L. on Jul 25th, 2014

My children are now 20 and 22, and they were patients of Dr. Perez for 18 years. With his offices in Venice and Sarasota, I could take them to either location, depending if they were being picked up at school or at home. I had a son and daughter, and both were very comfortable with him. Dr. Perez always hired competent PA's on staff, and we always felt we were getting the best attention and care. He continues to support my daughter with donations in her trips abroad as she prepares for medical school. He was the kind of doctor who would call in a prescription on the weekend, even from his vote, if he could help us avoid the emergency room when he knew the condition and had seen my child. We are so grateful for his support in raising two happy, healthy children.

Jul 25th, 2014

Read an experience of a Foster Mom on Facebook who arrived with two chidren and a foster baby. Appalled to say the least. He was rude, unprofessional and kept them waiting for over an hour. He berated and humiliated the children for eating in the office then demanded the mother clean up the mess. In the chaos of getting 3 children out if the house, the mither forgot the foster child's paperwork and ID card. This MD was ready to call the police and not let the foster mother take the infant out of the office until paperwork from DCF was faxed. My heart went out to this caring miither who was dignified enough to stay calm in the face of his fury. Shame on you Dr Perez !! Shame on you.

|  told me that my 2 month olds blood would be on my hands  |  show details
by fatherof4 on Aug 19th, 2013

I would give him negative stars if possible. I have overlooked many of his shortcomings and rants in the past. Today I took my child in for his 2 month old check up. I politely asked about the 5 vaccines he told me my son had to have. I asked if we could only give the ones that my wife and I were comfortable with. At this point I'm sitting in a chair bottle feeding the baby. Perez flew off the handle. He started yelling, yes yelling at me and cornered me in the room. He was screaming at me. Telling me that by not following his orders and doing every vaccine that my child would die and his blood would be on my hands. I tried to get up to leave and he got closer to me. Asking how I would feel knowing my child died because he contracted meningitis from me holding him and having contact with him. I told him that the hib vaccine wasn't even around when I was a child and he responded that everyone else has built up a natural resistance to it. I asked him well if we all naturally build this resistance than why wouldn't my son do the same. He became even more irate at me pointing out his faulty logic. He said he would call child protective services on me because I was endangering my son if I didn't have all the vaccinations done. The guy is flat out insane. Im not one of those people who jumped on the anti vaccine bandwagon and believe they are all poison. I just wanted more information and the right to chose. He told me I must not love my child because I was questioning his opinion. This is just a brief description of my visit he said many other terrible things, it was horrific. I have never been spoken to like that in my life. What kind of person says things like that.The guy is absolutely psychotic, stay away from him.

|  What is there not to say about this Dr.  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2013

I took my child to see this Dr, and i was not very pleased at all, He did not even really see how my child was doing , just looked over her then went to ask me how i was paying for this visted and if i had a job to support her and why was i on food stamps....First off that is non of there job to know any of that, they get paid n matter what, i am very glad that my childs father is going with this time, because i will not get treated like that again, and if so im going to make a report about him and turn him in, I hope all who has a bad time with him do the same ,

Jun 20th, 2013

dr. perez is caring and loving towards both my children thanks dr. perez Suzanne McCarthy and family

|  go see his PA  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

I would definitely advise if anyone choses to go to doctor Perez they decide to chose to see his PA Margie. She is the real reason I go there with my children. My children absolutely adore her and she is great with them. Very gentle and kind. Also she likes to get to know you personally and chit chats with the parents which makes me even more comfortable with her... I always think, if only she ran her own office :)

|  Fed up  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

I could RANT all day and night about why you shouldn't take your child to this doctor, but that would take too long. Point blank and simple, he's an arrogant, unprofessional, & does not have boundaries, he acts like a 3 or 4 year log kid that blurts out what ever is on their mind with Jo reservations. I seriously think he needs to be a politician, not a pediatrician. He is just plain nuts, and I say this from a lot of years of wasted experience with this guy.

|  I have a positive review  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

Dr. Perez does not like Obama and he may or may not bring that up. It is his right to dislike Obama. With that said, I have three children that are all patients of Dr. Perez. He is a wonderful doctor. He has never made me feel bad about any parenting decision that I have made. He always takes my concerns seriously and makes sure to order tests just to ease my fears. Whenever he has said my child was okay, just has a cold, my child was in fact okay and a couple days later back to normal. His office is always clean and the staff are always friendly in my opinion. I like Dr. Perez

|  Make sure you commit your day forapp  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

When my son was a toddler, we really liked Dr Perez. As years went on his timiliness become inconsiderate to the patient and the patient family. We have been seeing him for about 11 years and the past few years the wait time in the little exam room, for us to entertain ourselves or to stare a four walls is horrible. I write this rating on my smart phone after we have been in the exam room left ignored for 35the minutes now. Thankfully we have smart phones for entertainment, problem is the job is wanting me working.........

Mar 3rd, 2012

Do NOT take your child here unless you want a 30 min. rant about Obama, because that is all I got out of our visit. He brought it up out of nowhere and continued on with it asking me "did you know that. Is that a nice man? Is that the type of man you want to run our country?" 30 times. I felt like I was being scolded even though I never even said I supported Obama! I am a republican but this guy is just nuts! I just wanted my son seen for his physical, NOT a crazy rant. Never going back. This man is nuts!

Feb 27th, 2012

Best Dr. my kid has ever had. Wish he was in Ohio.

|  UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, BULLY OF A "DOCTOR"  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2011

I fear for any first time parents that see this doctor. He is a bully by forcing his opinions down your throat. Everything and anything you are doing is wrong. I have never had a doctor insult my intelligence as Dr. Perez did. My 2 year old daughter's 1st (and last) appointment was spent with him lecturing me on her diet, her potty training, her being around our cats (he made it very clear he does NOT like cats and I should NOT have cats, we should have a dog instead!!!), and she should NOT be using a pacifier any more. He lectured me for a good 15 minutes about the pacifier issue. OMG I felt like I was back in high school getting in trouble from the principal. He then ended with his lecture about the pacifier with a story about a past patient. He proceeds to tell me this story: "This 2 year old boy was using a pacifier and he bit the pacifier off and it got stuck in his throat. The paramedic's couldn't get it out, but he (Dr. Perez) was able to remove it in the ER because the boy was dead and not fighting anymore!!!"" I was stunned by this. REALLY?? He is going to use scare tactic's to get me to not give my daughter her pacifier?? WOW While I agree that my daughter should give up her pacifier, it is time, however statistically how many 2 year olds die from choking on a chewed off pacifier?? I don't buy that crap. He is trying to scare me to follow his way of thinking!!!!! I take offence to that. Talk to me and educate me, don't bully me.His other lecture was about milk. He wants me to give my 2 year old SKIM milk. While I'm not necessarily against skim milk, I just don't like it. I see NO problem giving my children 2% or even 1% milk. To sit there and force his OPINION about skim milk down my throat is unacceptable. The deal breaker for me during this appointment was this. When you daughter was born, she was tongue tied. She could not latch on because she couldn't get her tongue out far enough. We were in Canada at the time and the hospital performed a frenectomy ("snipped" her tongue). It was a 2 second procedure and my daughter latched on immediately after and nursed perfectly. I informed him of this and he preceded to tell me that "the USA does NOT do frenectomy's and it is horrible that they did this to my daughter." He also told me that I was probably not latching her on properly. I told him that I nursed my 2 other children successfully for a full year, I know how to nurse. I asked him what I should have done, tell the hospital NOT to do the frenectomy and just stop nursing?? He said, oh I can't comment on that because I wasn't there. My response was "you are exactly right, you weren't there so therefore you should not pass judgement".At the end of the appointment he asked me to give him a chance. I told him that I felt that I had to defend myself and my parenting the whole time and I didn't appreciate that. He LAUGHED and said oh you shouldn't feel that way. I am a well educated mother of three. I have been in the health care field for 15 years and he spoke to me like I was an idiot. I was really hope that impressionable mother's run away from this doctor. He will treat you like an incompetent parent and make you second guess yourself. Luckily I am able to think for myself and did not allow him to bully me with his opinions. I will be taking my youngest to my older children's paediatrician who is amazing. I will just have to pay for it out of pocket, but I would rather that then deal with a "doctor" like Perez!!!PLEASE FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!

|  Overly opinionated  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

Prescribes crazy tests and medicine at the drop of a hat. He leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

|  go to your vets office instead  |  show details
May 9th, 2011

My animals get better care at our vets office. We had an appointment scheduled for immunizations on a Monday, but the baby became sick the day before. When we arrived for the appt. the rude receptionist advised that the insurance was not in order and there was a voicemail left to advise us. We advised that there was no message left, so she went and got Richard Perez ( I won't even address him as Dr), who explained how he could not see the sick baby that was 5 feet in front of him because medicaid wouldn't pay him and we couldn't pay cash cause he would get in trouble. We told him we talked to him on an emergency basis on Sunday told you we had an appt on Monday...surely if your office left a message that the baby couldn't be seen due to insurance problems, we would not have waited for the appt on Monday, we would have made other arrangements for her to be seen. He argued with us for 5 minutes while he watched a young baby, with an obvious fever, vomitted right in front of him and would not take care of her. He told us to find another Dr and go to the ER.. then he actually said "so what do you want me to do, see her for nothing". No we do not! I'm not sure what kind of an oath he took, but more disturbing is that there was such a lack of compasion and caring for a young innocent sick baby. Who does that? Hope you sleep well Richard Perez and think about it, and know that I'll pray for you!

|  He is listed as Ricardo Perez at some places online  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

So people know if you came to this site after going to other sites, this site has his name listed the right way: Richard Perez He is listed as Ricardo Perez in other spots online. Also, fyi, their office moved to 5664 Bee Ridge Road so if you see a listing for Ricardo or Richard Perez at Bee Ridge Road, you'll also know it's the same doctor as shows in these reviews here on this page. You can call their office to confirm the above if you like but I figured I'd clear up confusion and point out that Vitals has the name right and some others do not.

Dec 3rd, 2010

rude rude rude

Oct 29th, 2010

I had a horrible experience. The doctor and his staff are very opinionated and rude. I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy!

|  Pompous Raging Unprofessional Jerk  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2010

I went to see Dr Perez for my daughter's med check on the day I was moving out of the state.The wait was a tad long, but that is nothing unusual at Perez's office.My real problem started near the end of the visit when I told my daughter her grandmother would take her to the pool after the visit. Perez starts talking about the oil spill, then how it is Obama's fault for not meeting with BP president.I just say okay so he will sign the Rx and I can leave.But he keeps going. Obama is a communist Perez says. He is "best friends" with Bill Ayers. I finally say politely that I am an Obama supporter and I did not come for a political discussion. Then he starts yelling, YES YELLING, at me in front of my child, about how Obama is seeking to "queerify" education(his words, I was stunned a doctor could be so ignorant and intolerant.Several times I had to say I don't want to discuss this with you. He kept yelling saying that Obama was going to make him lose his job by socializing medicine. It got so nasty even though I was trying to be cool and get out of there I had to yell backto tell him he was being unprofessional and to stop yelling in front of my child (7 yrs old).He insisted nastily that I tear off a piece of paper so he could write down one of his wingnut websites he gets his crazy info from the web.He was even standing behind the nurse/office lady yelling while I paid HIM for the visit! He kept saying, 29 years I have been a doctor and Obama's is going to take away my job. I will be out of work! I have a right to defend my practice!"Yes, Dr. Perez, you will be out of a job, but it won't be Obama's doing. It will be yours for being so hotheaded, pompous and unprofessional.

|  Takes medicaid because it is the only business he gets!  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2009

When I arrived I signed in and no one was behind the desk. I waited a while and there was no one in sight. Finally, I leaned over and looked over in the next room and said excuse me. I was like.. this is a new patient visit do I need to fill out any paper work? All the staff was wearing jeans and office was not cleanly. The DR Kept on saying "he's fine", when I was asking about concerns I had with my son. He treated me like a moron and went on and on about the bottle and how he wont see babies over 18 months if they still are using the bottle. Please..don't do me any favors! My son got two vaccinations and his leg swelled up and had a huge lump for several days. This never happened before! I am on a manged care plan and believe that this is the ONLY way this DR. gets appts. Will be changing!

|  Why so rushed all the time?  |  show details
by a very frustrated father on Oct 23rd, 2009

This doctor has a tendency of saying "everything is normal" all the time especially if he is rushed because he has other patients waiting as he overbooks himself. If you can't handle the stress, why put yourself through it if you have control as to how many people you see. These are children that we put in his hands, and many times they are so small they can't express themselves so we have to rely on what the doctor says in order to resolve the issue that brought us to his office to begin with.

Sep 11th, 2009

I had The worst experience ever with this unprofessional MD. I would never ever recommend him to anyone.

|  dr perez unproffessional  |  show details
by violated mother on Sep 1st, 2009

dr perez office staff is rude over phoneand whem got past staff to doctor he looked like he was on steet with jeans and a t shirt to see my 3 year old girl he was flirting with me,the mom it made me uncomfortable. DO NOT GO TO DR PEREZplease for the good of family see any other pedia