A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Petrelli:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Petrelli
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Petrelli Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Petrelli, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Contact lenses
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Laser Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Petrelli graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Petrelli has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital Of St Raphael
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hospital Of Saint Raphael, New Haven CT
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Lionel Petrelli MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Richard L. Petrelli practice?
- Dr. Richard Petrelli has 3 office locations.
Dr. Richard Petrelli practices Ophthalmology near Hamden, CT.
Additional practice locations include: New Haven, CT.
See Hamden Ophthalmologists.