A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Petrelli:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Petrelli
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Petrelli Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Petrelli, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Contact lenses
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Laser Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Petrelli graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Petrelli has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital Of St Raphael
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hospital Of Saint Raphael, New Haven CT
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Lionel Petrelli MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Richard L. Petrelli practice?
- Dr. Richard Petrelli has 3 office locations.
Dr. Richard Petrelli practices Ophthalmology near Hamden, CT.
Additional practice locations include: New Haven, CT.
See Hamden Ophthalmologists.