A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Pierce:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pierce
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Pierce Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Lung Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Rectal Cancer
- Silicosis (Dust-related lung disease)
Education & Awards
Dr. Pierce graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
Dr. Pierce has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Durham Regional Hospital
- Duke University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Allan Pierce MD and PHD is a male Vascular Surgeon, has 9 years of experience and practices in Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Richard A. Pierce practice?
- Dr. Richard Pierce has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Pierce practices Vascular Surgery near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Surgeons.