A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Pieters:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Pieters is Poor.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Pieters, M.Ed, MD is board certified in Radiation Oncology and Therapeutic Radiology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Clinical Research
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Nervous System Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Pieters graduated from Brown University, Providence.
Dr. Pieters has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pieters accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health New England - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans