Dr. Richard Pike MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

April 20th, 2015
Had been to podiatrist. Problem getting worse. Dr pike knew right away what the problem was; drew a diagram, explained problem. He was patient and kind. He had a solution.

December 16th, 2014
Patient
didn't spend much time with patient, nurse is very rude.

June 6th, 2014
5 stars!
amazing experience. No pain after surgery, excellent results. Staff was attentive and friendly. Highly recommend!

May 2nd, 2014
You can trust in Dr. Pike!
Dr. Pike is an amazing, brilliant, top-of-the-class doctor and surgeon. I can honestly say he is the best doctor I’ve ever had. His advice and care is consistent with all the latest medical research and recommendations, but he personalizes it for each patient. And admittedly, he is probably more conservative than some doctors in terms of post-op recovery -- letting the injury heal on its own, and the body take the necessary time to recover, rather than pushing an aggressive recovery schedule that can be painful (and make you more prone to re-injury). Dr. Pike repaired my Achilles tendon (which was completely torn) and planned out the perfect recovery schedule for me. In fact, he was the first of 3 doctors that I went to that correctly diagnosed my injury (and showed me a simple technique to prove that the tendon was completely ruptured -- a technique which the other 2 doctors apparently didn’t know about!). Before this injury I never had surgery before so I went into the whole ordeal feeling very anxious and uncertain about every little detail. I talked to friends, relatives, bloggers on the Internet (should I just let the tendon heal by itself, what are the risks of surgery, how long is recovery, etc.). I even did research on which suture technique and incision technique was the best for my kind of injury! But all of that was before I met Dr. Pike (he was a referral from a physical therapist), and then after a couple of meetings with him I realized that I had found a physician I could completely trust. His “bedside manner” was one of the best I’ve experienced. And he answered all of my questions professionally and thoroughly (even drew diagrams of the injury on the paper that was laying on top of the waiting table!, rather than just handing me a brochure or “tipsheet” that are so common in doctors’ offices these days). And as far as the Peachtree Orthopedic staff, I also found them to be extremely helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The only note of caution I would provide is to watch the billing carefully and ask questions if anything seems incorrect. Unfortunately, in my experience, billing practices throughout the medical profession have become highly suspect and often the bills are full of mistakes (from doctors’ accounting depts. as well as insurance cos.). I truly feel blessed to have had Dr. Pike as my orthopedic physician and surgeon, and I recommend him without any reservation whatsoever.

November 29th, 2013
Dr. Pike is the BEST
I had broken my ankle in 3 places in Sept 2007 and the emergency room wanted to admit me for surgery. Kaiser Permanente said no and referred me to Dr. Pike who did not operate until I had grown skin back on my foot to avoid possible infection and possible loss of foot. Five years later the cartilage had worn away and every step I took was with excruciating pain. Dr. Pike operated again and today I walk pain free. If not for Dr. Pike I am sure I would have spent my senior years in a wheelchair and for that I am forever thankful to Dr. Pike. And for all that Dr. Pike has done for me, I pray for him blessings beyond his imagination. He is the BEST!

June 28th, 2013
PATIENT
OVERALL SURGICAL EXPERIENCE WAS EXCELLENT. DR PIKE VERY ATTENTIVE, EXPLAINS THINGS IN WAYS EASY TO UNDERSTAND & STAFF VERY PROFESSIONAL & HELPFUL.

June 17th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I saw Doctor Pick for left foot problems. I had seen him 5 years earlier and he accurately said that I should do surgery then or it would get worse. Well, worse it got and I finally returned. I have been in business all my life...first as a Registered Nurse and now as a Real Estate Professional. I deal with people all the time and find some people impossible to please. Dr. Pike has some reviews that remind me of these demanding and impossible patients. Meet him for yourself and you will find a proficient and competent MD, a warm personality and person willing to take the time to explain each detail of your problem and the steps to cure it. The foot is an amazing and complex set of bones, tendons and nerves. Dr. Pike was able to skillfully manage repair and replacement of much of my damaged foot with the minimun of surgical intervention. My recovery was as explained and I am now walking pain free. In this day of instant communication and instant gratification, we sometimes lose the understanding of the healing process. We expect too much and know too little. Dr. Pike has the warmth and humor to deal with unreasonable people but if you learn a little anatomy you will instantly appreciate his excellent surgical skills and personal interaction. I would recommend Dr. Pike to all my medical friends and my real estate friends...as we are all on our feet all day !!!! Thank you Dr. Pike for your expertise.

June 8th, 2013
Great Job!!
Great Experience! Dr Pike did an awesome job on my foot. Very Very Happy

April 22nd, 2013
Retired Firefighter
I had bunions on both my right foot and left foot. It was painful to walk and they always stayed sore. Through Kaiser in 2010 I made appointments to see Dr. Pike. After looking at my feet he smiled and said "you should have come in 10 years ago." The right foot was the worst. After surgery he stated that was the worst bunion he's seen. It also had a large bone spur on top. The joint was repaired with a plate a screws. I followed all his post op procedures. A surgical cast - foot up for 2 weeks. Then hard cast for 4 to 6 weeks then a boot for another 4 weeks. My right foot finally quit hurting and aching. In 2011, I had my left foot done. Same great results. I'm back to walking pain free 4 miles a day. Dr. Pike has been friendly, courteous, informative and professional to all my questions. I'm also 65 years old.

March 23rd, 2013
In 2001, Dr. Pike repaired my ruptured archilles tendon. (It had been injured 40 years previously and was a mess.) He cautioned me that the surgery would be painful and the recovery would be difficult. I appreciated his frankness and vowed to do my part. Today, my heel is pain free and I even forget I had the surgery. Last year (2012), the fore foot of the same foot was loose and Dr. Pike performed a 1st MTP fusion, bone graft, 2nd metataral osteotomy, 2nd hammertoe correction and FDL tendon transfer. The recovery was tedious from a time standpoint but I believe that is why Dr. Pike is so good. He knows exactly how much time you need to be off your feet for the optimum result. About ninety days ago, he did a chevron bunionectomy on my right foot and last night I did an hour of Zumba and today I walked a mile. There is little pain and minimal swelling. Without Dr. Pike's skill and knowledge, I would not be able to begin pursuing an active lifestyle. Even though I am more concerned with function than with scars -- they are fading so fast, I doubt they will be visible by year's end. Anyone with feet problems needs to see Dr. Pike -- he is a miracle worker.

January 28th, 2013
Excellent Doctor, Grasping Staff, Be aware of your Bill!
Dr Pike was prompt and diagnosed me in a minute (plantar fasciitis). The thing I didn't like was he didn't even have to look at the X-rays, which were taken immediately after I arrived at Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic. In my case it was completely unnecessary procedure, for which I paid more than 100 Dollars. Next, the doctor recommended to buy a night splint for 48 Dollars, but as I realized later I was charged $157 for it ! Tried to get explanations on the phone, unsuccessfully. Checked in the Internet - the same splints are between 25 and 45 Dollars! So, be aware! Ask in advance about the price and if everything they suggest is absolutely necessary, and whether there is an alternative to it! The whole experience opened my eyes how the healthcare services in this country are not just about health, but mostly about money.

January 30th, 2012
God I wish I could go back in time and NOT have the surgery!
Dr. Pike seemed to know what he was doing, I read the reviews and had already had this surgery on my left foot when I lived in Ohio. Had to have the same surgery on my right foot due to degenerative RA. I saw right away that he had a horrible bedside manner but this did not bother me as the best surgeons usually do. But he is not the best surgeon. This has been a nightmare! The right foot is now so much worse than before I let Dr. Pike cut on it. And that is saying something as it was totally deformed and so painful! But the surgery has left me unable to wear ANY shoes! My left foot is a size 10 and now my right foot is a size 11.5 wide as he replaced my big toe joint with a plate and actually LENGTHENED the toe and did not angle it at all so the only shoes that come close to fitting the right foot are athletic shoes. Even in flip flops the toe hangs off the edge of the shoe because it is not angled appropriately. And there is no way to fit feet that are such dramatically different sizes! I am a tall, thin, 43 year old woman who used to love to dress up. This cannot be accomplished when NO SHOES can possibly fit. I used to love to go out with my husband and take our kids to nice places but being unable to dress appropriately has left me depressed, virtually housebound, and has put a huge strain on my life. I was also in the market for a new job but how can one interview in a business suit and sneakers or flip flops? Dr. Pike has comletely altered my life for the worse. He has destroyed my professional future and strained my family life. STAY AWAY!! DO NOT TRUST HIM!!