Dr. Richard Plowey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

no change

August 9th, 2016
UNPROFESSIONAL !!!

December 18th, 2015
Master Sergeant, USMC 20 years retired
Dr. Plowey is the only doctor I've ever seen that has known of the rare, genetic, neuromuscular disorder I battle. I was very impressed with his knowledge and concern. I think his staff needs to "actively listen" and digest what the patient is telling them instead of hearing what they want to hear. A good way to do that is to repeat back to the patient what she/he has just told them to ensure they have it right. They did not understand anything I told them, and Jason was angered if I tried to correct him. By nature, I am quiet. I thought perhaps I needed to provide more information, but it only angered Jason if I tried to speak. His arrogance and sarcasm was not appreciated. On another visit, I simply asked if my dry or oily skin might be why the Fetenal patch didn't seem to work on the second and third day-it barely worked on the first day. The staff assumed my patches were falling off which they were not, and she gave me strong adhesives. People in pain need to be understood, and that isn't likely to happen if the staff cant even take the time to slow down and listen. I was taught in the military to repeat back to the person who provides the information so there is no mistake in the communication. With Obamacare, my medical costs have skyrocketed, and I've made at least 2 wasted visits to this office because people hear what they want to hear instead of actively listening and then repeating back to me. People in pain are in crisis. They need care, not sarcasm.

September 24th, 2015
if you are using a controlled substance prescribed for pain management in addition to other treatments prepare to have your symptoms ignored. All they focus on is the medication and stop caring about your pain or doing anything about it.

August 26th, 2015
One of a physician's oath is to do no harm ... Well, Dr. Plowey forced me to go through cold-turkey withdraw. The staff takes hours or sometimes days to return calls and the PA's don't provide correct information about procedures. I was told for a subcutaneous discectomy that I would be out/sedated and feel no pain...completely wrong. I didn't even get pain meds until after the procedure started. Found out later that Dr. Plowey isn't even a surgeon. At the follow-up appointment, Dr. Plowey called me a "Learning Experience" for his staff and PA's on how to read notes and discuss procedures. I was not there to be a "Learning Experience".

March 6th, 2014
Continued pain treatment
Dr. Plowey ,is a good doctor,but as far as continuing my pain medication I doubt any success with him.I have severe lower back pain and am recently disabeled.He has had me in the hospital (3) times for nerve blocks and other proceedures that did nothing to stop my pain.I am currently on Fentanyl patches that actually relieve some of my pains.Even though some days I can barely get around his co doctor:Dr. Hibbard has decided to remove me from the only treatment that has worked for me in the past(4yrs,) I will not no what to do once they stop my pain medicine.The reason I went to them in the first place was because their T.V. commercial states:we won't give up on you....well they obviously are giving up on me now.I don't drink and I don't abuse my medications.I have been recommending Advanced Pain to my friends,but no longer believe my best intrest is their goal.They try to push you towards an operation once your on meds for awhile....So sad and disappointed with the whole experience.

January 4th, 2012
office staff
WWhen you call office for any questions be patient because you will get an answering machine after the operator answers the phone. Its rare that you will receive a call back. Most of the time suffer and bare if you have an issue until your next appointment.