Dr. Richard Polin MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Gresham, OR

• Good
  • Bad

March 17th, 2016
The staff is terrible in every way, they will make up things to make excuses for not doing their job, have had them hang up on me, and accuse other doctor offices of not calling them for records when in fact they have several times. Will not ever go back because of the staff.

March 14th, 2016
Great Surgens Bad medical assistants....
Dr. Polin and his PA did a wonderful job with my surgery. I felt very comfortable and educated. Dr. Polin was very Prompt about getting it done and very caring towards my health issue. The medical assistants that work at his Gresham location on the other hand were the worst I have ever experienced!!! I cant even describe how horrible my experience with them was....as people the were wonderful as workers they were lazy and very disrespectful, if that makes sense. It took them over three weeks to get the paper work from the surgery to my Primary, both my primary and myself called and faxed several times over the weeks to receive them. During the last attempt the girls had attitude letting me know what they can and cant send. They even had the audacity to till me they already sent paperwork, then they said "wait I never received a call for a request of information." it gets worst..... The PA told me to call when I feel ready to go to work to get a work release and they would fax it where ever I needed, two weeks later I called and explained what the PA had said. She refused and told me it sounds like I need to make an appointment because I have a lot of issues and that the was not available.. I was forced to make an appointment, when I went in the lady told me I was a day early. I was adamant that she in fact scheduled me that day. She told me to write it down next time because the pills I'm on will cause me to be forgetful....The next day I return and this couple arrive. The medical assistant asked them what they are doing, The lady pulled out her appointment card and it turns out the medical assistant wrote the schedule wrong TWO DAYS in a ROW! those poor people... they came twice at fault of that medical assistant and was told to come back a third time. She very well could have told me the wrong date too. During that appointment I received my release papers...and my husband accidently threw them away. I call to request that the papers get faxed and im put on hold for 12min... gave them the numbers and waited, and waited, and waited... after a week I called them back, Request that they resent them because I never received them and was put on hold for 15 min and the hung up on. I called back and explained to her why I was calling again, not even a sorry! I re-explained what I happened to the medical assistant and she told me I gave her the wrong number, said that they tried several times but it didn't work. I asked her why she didn't call to get a new number and she said they were waiting for me to call back.... This person has had an excuse for everything. I would have given 5 stars all around except those girls were horrible!

June 10th, 2015
Great Doctor, Incompitant staff
While I have the utmost trust that my Surgery will go well, I spent an entire month calling once a week trying to get ahold of his staff. Apparently the 1 receptionist was having health issues and had hired a pt lady. She claims to never have gotten any of my 5 messages. Then to make matters worse, the week before surgery I was to have my pre-op phone call. It NEVER happened. I tried calling on Monday and got the pt person I'm assuming, she said to call after 2:30. I called 4 times and left messages, I even faxed, I recieved no call. I called the hospital to try to get some info about my Surgery as all I knew was that it was to be sometime Friday with Dr. Polin. Good Sam didn't have me on the schedule. So I decided to try the after hours number to talk to Dr. Polin. I finally got his receptionist. She told me that she would call the hospital and schedule it and get back to me after hours. I asked her if she could guarantee that, and she scoffed at me. I explained my heightened level of frustration, she again said she'd call me after hours. I waited until 6:10pm to call, as the office hours are till 5pm. I got her, and she said she was still working late, and that she had planned on calling me at 6:30pm. I asked her if my insurance had agreed to extend the time-frame for the surgery and she said yes, but the rest she'd tell me in 20mins. 1 hour later, she finally called back. I learned that I'd have to be at the hospital at 5:30am, Dr. Polin and I discussed an afternoon surgery so I could stay over -night due to some housing issues I have. I told her this, and she said I had to be there at 5:30am. I told her the bus will not get me there for that, she then stated in a not so patient tone that I would not be able to take the bus back home. So at this point my ENTIRE knowledge of my surgery is that the highly recommened Dr. Polin would be doing minimally invasive surgery at Good Sam on Friday and I am to be there at 5:30am. I was not told pre-op instructions or anything, she acted like I should know that I wouldn't be going home by bus...how am I supposed to know this? I hung up on her, and determined that I would find another surgeon. I then decided to wait till 9pm and call the after hours line. I got the awesome Dr. Polin. He fixed everything. I will be arriving at 7:30am, be doing the overnight and discharged Saturday. Yet, since his incompitant receptionist never did the pre-op instructions, I actually don't know WHERE in the hospital I am going, or what to not do before surgery.

April 11th, 2012
Dr. Polin is an awesome surgeon! He does an excellent job!

July 25th, 2008
awesome brain doc!!
Dr Polin was kind enough to remove a very large portion of a terminal tumor from my husband's brain. This is the 2nd time for us to go through this surgery; he also performed the 1st one. He is a very self assured doc that has tons of confidence in what he does, as well he should. That confidence overflows into his demeanor as he discusses the procedure. 1 week after having his head cut open & a large portion of the tumor removed, my husband is up & around albeit a little slower. I would highly recommend Dr. Polin along with his associate Mike Hollenback.

July 25th, 2008
Lots of knowlede good experience
Dr. Polin did a craniotomy on me removing a meningioma. I found him very knowlegable and had great credentials. I will go back to him. I had a lot of trust in this Dr.

October 28th, 2016