Dr. Richard Cooke MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Glendale, CA

September 18th, 2016
Attitude Problem
I started with this physician in 2008. At first he seemed very competent, then several things started showing up that didn't seem right. He entered wrong codes for physicals that lead to hours of phone calls with the insurance agency to get it straightened out. Then there was the time I got a urinary tract infection and when I went to see him about it, he said I didn't have any infection but gave me an RX for 3 pills. I took the pills and it wasn't enough and ended up in the Urgent Care on a Sunday morning. The Urgent Care took a sample of my urine and said I was just full of several kinds of bacteria and said that the few pills I was given only made me more resistant. I was put on a stronger antibacterial med and it cleared up. The pain I was in was very unpleasant and I told him about the episode. His reply was to shrug and say, "Well, I didn't see anything on the test results". The mistakes just kept happening on billings to my insurance company and I just kept having to put the fires out. The last time I saw him, the office put me in a room and I waited for 45 minutes to see him. When he came in he said that he was sorry and that a group of athletes came in unexpectedly (without an appointment) and needed an exam and papers to be filled out. I didn't appreciate that I was waiting for 45 minutes and I had an appointment and the kids didn't have an appointment, yet got examined during MY APPOINTMENT TIME. That was the last time I went to him.

November 9th, 2015
personal and professional

November 5th, 2015
A Refreshing Change!
Rich is easy going and very approachable....a refreshing change in a profession that can be dominated by arrogance and indifference.

May 14th, 2015
today was my first visit with doctor cook he took the time what's playing