Dr. Richard Shelton Is this you?

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Richard Shelton?

September 29th, 2015

Run Forrest Run - This Review is Not an Outlier (Beware) - Actual rating is Zero

1st time visit for my 2 kids. Never going back. Did not feel or look like a Pediatrician's office. So much paperwork to complete, but none on medical history. Complete medical history was ignored. Pre-populated form for 1 child was provided with all the wrong information because it was based on a visit w/ an orthopedic surgeon in the "Longstreet" group almost a year ago. Wasted time editing form instead of completing new forms for both kids. After filling out forms, we waited a long time before going into the back. I informed nurse and Dr. that kids were new patients; but both were ambivalent about making them or me feel welcomed. Nurse asked me to fill out more forms once in the room w/ a pencil even though I asked for a pen. Had my own thank goodness. Then she started asking me questions at the same time she had me to complete the forms. Obviously physically impossible to do both at same time.. Nurse was not friendly to kids or me. Acted like she did not want to be there and explained nothing. Neither nurse nor Dr. obtained complete medical history. Nurse had kids undress and never checked to see if either had done a urine test. I had to tell nurse this and then have kids to get dressed again to give urine sample before undressing again. Lab tech had kids to bring urine cups out of bathroom to lab in middle of office. That was just nasty and hygienically unacceptable. During this time, saw the Dr. skip past our room since kids were giving samples. Based on the urine results, I believe the technician may have mixed up the samples. Dr. did not come back to our room for some time and he was not attentive at all. Did a roll call of my kids' names and did not greet any of us. Just immediately sat at computer to half a$$ put some medical information in computer. Dr. and staff did not listen very well. So don't expect to be heard. Dr. left out of room and did not check other issues I informed nurse about that needed to be checked w/ kids. I had to run out of room and call Dr. back. Dr. barely stepped back in room and did not check the kids. He just nonchalantly raddled off some diagnosis but no remedies to correct them and just walked out. Dr. did not wait to get cholesterol results which the tech said would take just 2mins. each to complete. Now 3 hrs. later, went to check out and did not get any paperwork for the visit or diagnosis. Office was totally dark and we were last patients still there. What a way to welcome new patients. I was referred by someone to this office and ignored the extreme negative reviews because I used to perceive them as outliers. I was wrong. Wished I would have heeded those reviews. Don't make the mistake I did.

July 29th, 2015

Dr. Shelton is the worst pediatrician I've been visited.

I spent a great deal of time filling out a questioner before appointment for two separate children. Dr. Shelton never read over any of my paper work, never reviewed medical history. Had a difficult time communicating. He made a comment that he was extremely busy because all the parents were coming in for back to school appointments (As i was). He made me feel like we were a waste of his time. Worst pediatrician I've seen in 15 years.

November 16th, 2012

Pretty much ignored my son, acted as if my concerns were silly. Pretended to be ok with my religious beliefs on not vaccinating, yet dismissed me from the office the day if my sons wellness appointment. Office staff is horribly rude, also.

August 12th, 2016