Overall Review

3.4

October 10th, 2016
Excellent, went over surgery in detail. spent a lot of time with my wife and I.

August 13th, 2016
Dead Man Walking?
Brushed me off after PSA rose from 1.5 to 5.5 and then again to 6.5. He decided "watchful waiting" but wouldn't explain how that was done. Walked out of the exam room and ducked into another while I followed him up the hall asking for more details. Have been diagnosed with Stage 1 Prostate cancer. Thanks Doc

June 5th, 2016
Very capable doctor. But has the worst bedside manner I have ever encountered. He is very short and berated me when I was trying to answer his questions. He was so rude and condescending that I was in tears when I left his office. He told me he had 26 other patients that day and I was wasting his time. He dismissed me and my problems without any answers. I will not go to his office again.

July 13th, 2015
ED Problems
After having a Prostatectomy done, I suffer from ED (Erectile Dysfunction). I thought maybe I would have some sort of Treatment Therapy Plan after the surgery?

March 5th, 2015
If you're looking for a doctor that can communicate with other humans, this is not your guy. He has a good reputation for his medical knowledge but a horrible reputation of how he interacts with his patients. He is very abrasive. Who wants to pay for this type of treatment????

July 17th, 2014
Ms.
A CT scan was order after finding blood in my urine. My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Rento. Dr. Rento schedule surgery for me and then called me to tell me my kidney would have to be removed. I found him to be warm, professional and very knowledgeable in his field. During our first visit, he showed me the CT scan and it was obvious even to my untrained eyes that the kidney had to be removed. I had had previous abdominal surgery and he contacted my previous doctor to make sure he could remove the kidney laparoscopically. The pathology showed that the tumor had begun to bulge outside of the kidney; however, Dr. Rento was able to remove everything intact so I will not require chemotherapy nor radiation. I feel his fast action saved me from from chemotherapy and radiation. I highly recommend him.

March 4th, 2014
downgraders need to get real
i would strongly recommend dr. rento -- he knows what he's doing and is perfectly capable as a urologist -- i've been under his care for two different problems and i'm totally satisfied with how he's handled both -- he's not marcus welby, m.d., but, under today's business, economic & political constraints/expectations, noone can be -- time's have changed folks -- any dr has only so much time they can allot for each patient -- so, listen up, do as he instructs and don't be so thin-skinned -- as to his supposed yelling at patients, i've been to his office probably a dozen times now and, if that was anything close to his normal behavior, i would've heard/witnessed it by now -- bottom line, he's got to try to be a compassionate doctor and a successful, professional businessman -- that combination is a challenge in themselves but, throw in what's coming down b/c of obamacare? heck, we're downright lucky to have strong, well-educated doctors like him who will put up with all that crap and remain in the profession vs backwoods county tech medical school grads . . . . .

January 16th, 2014
First Rate!
I have been seeing DR. Rento for almost 14 years now. He saved my life when I had prostate cancer. He has always been upfront and to the point with me.

May 28th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr Rento is an excellent doctor and I speak from several experiences. He is professional, well versed and one of the finest experts in his field of Medicine.I personally would recommend him and I trust his expertise.

May 5th, 2013
Horrible Experience
I will never go to this doctor again. He is so blatently rude! My wife and I were shocked by his abruptness and unprofessionalism! He seems to have a real problem with anger management. I tell all of my friends to stay away from Dr. Rento's practice!

April 5th, 2013
Absolutely The Worst
Dr. Rento is the worst doctor I have ever be to. He is belligerent and has no bedside manner (or any manners, for that matter). I would never recommend him to anyone. I would warn anyone who is even considering him as their urologist, expect to be yelled at, talk to like you're a child and made to feel like 'scum of the earth'. Bad choice in physicians! Please, make another choice! Regardless of his credentials, this man is mean and very uncaring!

March 20th, 2013
Steer Clear of Richard Rento!
Unprofessional, unfriendly, terrible bedside manner, sarcastic, disrespectful, rude, uncaring, egotistical, arrogant, always in a hurry! He is the most unprofessional professional, I have ever met! He yells at his patients, doesn't give the patient a chance to speak, and is very condescending. I have never had 'anyone' (not even my worst boss) berate me the way he did, and I am old enough to be his father! Absolutely deplorable behavior for a physician. It was the worst experience I have ever encountered with anyone! I have heard from others, that I was not an isolated case. Apparently this has happened to other patients as well. Verbal abuse from a physician is unacceptable. I found a new urologist, with whom I am extremely happy, and I am relieved to know that I never have to deal with Richard Rento again! I would never refer or encourage anyone to choose this man as their urologist.