Richard J Restifo Jr, MD

59 Elm St
Ste 560
New Haven, CT 06510
203-772-1444
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.9512195121951 of 4 stars
 |  A breast lift and a breast augumentation  |  show details
by Carla on May 6th, 2014

Hi my name is carla. I will tell you I was such a pain about my surgery I saw him about 3 or 4 times before surgery but I knew when I met him he was the Dr I was gonna use without a doubt in my mind and I saw a few drs before him. Well he was gentle and kind and made me feel sooooo comfortable and confident, especially my day of surgery which was last week he spoke with me and showed me what I was to expect and it was everything I thought it would be I was amazed at the results AMAZED!!!!!! I can't say enough about him and the staff are so wonderful and patient and beautiful it was unbelievable I drove them nuts !!!!!!! Lol I would recommend Dr . Restifo to the biggest movie star ever!!!! If I ever down the road need anything done there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind to go back to him thank you Dr. Restifo. I love ya! Your the BEST!!!!!!! I will recommend you to anyone ! He is definitely a five star in every way*****

|  Couldn't be happier!  |  show details
by CLB on Feb 11th, 2014

I found Dr. Restifo by researching online. He is very friendly, confident, knowledgeable. He and his staff answered all of my questions and made me feel very calm and confident going into the surgery. Love him and would definitely go back to him for another procedure. From the first visit I knew I made the right decision. Dr. Restifo made me feel completely confident and excited about the procedures and the results have by far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Restifo for any cosmetic surgery procedure.

by Laura on Jan 27th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr Rostifo for breast augmentation based on my experience. From start to finish he was professional, has great staff, was able to answer all my questions honestly and was right on the money with healing times and the entire procedure, . Most importantly, the surgery was great and the size he helped me choose was perfect. Thank you Dr Rostifo!

|  Excellent plastic surgeon very happy with my result!  |  show details
by D,Reyes on Jan 27th, 2014

Doctor Richard Restifo is one of the most kind and caring doctor i came across he spend enough time explaining all my question i had felt very safe in his hands to have my surgery when i left his office the first time i meet him his staff are very sweet and very on top of my appointment and any question i had .I am very HAPPY WITH MY RESULT if any one is looking to have surgery i will give you my word and my result speak for it self . THANK YOU DOCTOR RICHARD RESTIFO AND GOD BLESS THOSE HANDS AND YOUR TEAM

|  A great experience  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2014

I had an excellent experience every step of the way. Dr. Restifo went out of his way to assure that I was well-informed and that all of my concerns were addressed. The most important thing is that I look really really fantastic.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2013

I recently had a breast augmentation. I was so nervous excited and scared. I called the office numerous times before my surgery. Lisa never made me feel annoying even though I must have been! I love my new figure. Thank you to dr restifo. And all the staff.

|  Staff  |  show details
by M.W. on Sep 22nd, 2013

I would be remiss if I didn't take the time to write this. I'm very pleased with my breast reconstruction . At my first visit..I cried due to learning my diagnosis. I was quickly put at ease. Lisa told me I was in good hands. Her caring manner that day will not soon be forgotten.

|  Breast Augmentation  |  show details
by Deborah S on Aug 9th, 2013

The results of my breast augmentation are fantastic. I have a new found confidence in the way I look and it has boosted my self esteem. Dr. Restifo is a highly skilled surgeon who I have already recommended to friends and family.

|  Mommy Makeover Success!  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

I'm extremely pleased with the results of my tummy tuck and breast lift. When I first had my consultation with Dr Restifo I felt immediately comfortable. I've lost over 75 pounds and had 4 children so I had a lot of loose skin. I feel like a different person! I'm so confident now. I was 210 at my highest weight, 140 the day of surgery. Now, 3 months after surgery, I weigh 128. Prior to the surgery I needed size 14 jeans to fit over the belly skin. Now I wear a four or six depending on the brand. Phenomenal results, Dr Restifo is the best! I had my procedure at Yale Temple Medical Center and the nurses there were fantastic also.

|  Thrilled  |  show details
by Susan G. on Jul 11th, 2013

Dr Restifo had his hands full with my case. I had breast augmentation done by another dr and then one of the implants leaked. There were many issues that had to be corrected or simply could have been done much better. Thanks to Dr Restifo I can once again feel good about myself and happy with my appearance.

|  Tummy Tuck  |  show details
May 22nd, 2013

From start to finish, working with Dr. Restifo and his staff was a wonderful experience. Dr. Restifo's genuine interest in a superb result, along with his breadth of knowledge and professionalism, made me very comfortable with all aspects of the procedure and recovery. I will not hesitate to recommend him (and, in fact, I already have!!).

|  Could not be happier with my Tummy Tuck results  |  show details
May 13th, 2013

After getting 3 different consultations I chose Dr. Restifo because of his bedside manner, credentials and his before and after photos and I could not be more pleased. His entire staff is extremely friendly. After I booked my surgery I started having regrets and when I called to have them "talk me off the ledge", Dr. Restifo called me personally and walked me through all my concerns (mostly around scar placement and recovery time) and told me to come in for a second consultation. There was no pressure to do anything and he really addressed all of my concerns and I was 100% confident going into my procedure. I am now 6 weeks post op and I am amazed by my results. Even though I am still healing I can already tell what an amazing job he did. My scar is nice and straight and thin (no pulling up in the middle) and the placement is perfect. I can easily wear almost any style of bathing suit with no concerns! I also had liposuction of the flanks which helped give me that hourglass figure I vaguely remember having in my 20's!! And I think the thing I am most impressed with is my belly button. Many "after photos" I saw online of other doctor's work show a very stretched out and unnatural looking belly button but mine looks incredible! The recovery was hard for the first week, but I was prepared for that. The staff at Dr. Restifo's office made sure I had all the information (and medication) I needed beforehand so there were no surprises during the recovery process. I have no regrets about having the surgery done and most definitely would recommend Dr. Restifo if you are considering having this surgery done.

|  Excellent Results!  |  show details
by Jo-Ann Little on May 8th, 2013

It has been 2 1/2 months since I had my breast reduction. I experienced zero pain and my recovery was much easier than expected. Dr. Restifo and his staff are awesome and made my experience a very positive one. I love the results and cannot believe I waited this long to have this procedure. I feel as though I have been given a new lease on life. My back pain is gone and I feel more balanced. I played golf last night for the first time since my surgery and what a difference having smaller breasts has made in my game. I would recommend having this procedure and Dr. Restifo. If I ever need plastic surgery again I will go right back to him and his staff!

Apr 29th, 2013

Wonderful doctor! I feel great about the procedure I had done... I have no love handles or sagging belly. Thanks to you

|  Very happy patient  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2013

Dr. Restifo's work is amazing. The results of my breast augmentation were better than I ever expected. He was very patient during all pre-op visits and explained the procedure very well. I made some changes last minute and he was more than happy to make these for me. I am extremely pleased with my decision and would highly recommend Dr. Restifo to anyone.

|  Highly recommended!  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2013

Being a typical self-conscious young lady, I’ve spent years going back and forth about a breast augmentation. Finally deciding to go ahead with this procedure, I researched plastic surgeon doctors. Being a little skeptical of what to believe online, I had my worries about the doctor I wanted to choose. All of Dr. Richard J. Restifo’s reviews were what I expected and was excited to read, so I setup the consultation. Meeting Dr. Restifo and his staff, I was very pleased to find them all friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. After answering all my questions and concerns I knew Dr. Restifo was the doctor I wanted, so I setup the procedure. After the procedure Dr. Restifo and his staff continued to have a great post-op patient/doctor relationship with me, making sure all my concerns were addressed and I was completely satisfied. I would highly recommend Dr. Restifo.

|  Exceptional Results!  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2013

Approximately 17 years ago I had breast augmentation surgery and was never happy with the results. They were overly firm, too large, sat high on my chest and were spaced quite far apart. I had become extremely self conscious about them, especially now that I have turned 60. I didn't know if it would be possible to have a natural looking breast again after this much time had passed. After much research I decided on Dr Restifo to do my implant exchange and I couldn't be happier. My breasts look beautiful, they are soft and have a perfect, natural shape to them without sagging. They are the breasts that I have always wanted. Dr. Restifo was wonderful, he answered all of my questions in a calm, unrushed manner, listened to my concerns and I ended up with the exact results I desired. His staff is friendly and professional. Thanks to Dr. Restifo I now have perfect breasts that I no longer have to hide under baggy tops. I highly recommend this excellent doctor!!

|  Highly recommended!!!  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2013

After my breast cancer diagnosis, I was faced with a bilateral mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Restifo and his wonderful staff couldn't have made my experience any easier. They were caring and led me through the entire process from beginning to end. Dr. Restifo is an exceptionally skilled surgeon; I am extremely pleased with the results and feel blessed to have had him as my surgeon. The entire staff is wonderful and made me feel very comfortable. Gabby and Lisa are the sweetest people you will meet. thank you all so much.

|  Could not be more Satisfied!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

It's been a year and a half since Dr. Restifo performed Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy and Abdominoplasty on me. I am a 40 year old woman, and I waited 20 years after giving birth to my 2 children to have the procedures done. At the age of 17, when I became pregnant, I weighed 104 lbs. nine months later, at the time I gave birth to my son, I weighed 179 lbs. I lost most of my "baby weight", and four years later, gained 40 lbs. back while pregnant with my daughter. It took a few years to reach my "normal" weight of 110 lbs, and I have for the most part been at that weight since. I have always recieved comments like "your so tiny, and you have children!". What people did not see is what hid under my "tiny" clothing. My tummy was flat, but had so much extra skin, that I referred to it as my Kangaroo pouch. When I sat down, I had to pull the waist of my pants away so that my excess skin would fall inside (instead of over) my pants. I also had so much extra skin on my breasts that I had to do a little dance in order to put on my bra on. It involved bending over and scooping "the girls" up, then tucking any extra skin into the bra cups. At their prime, my breasts were a full size 36D which had become a poor fitting 32-34D. I had gone for a few surgical consultations after having my daughter, and for the last 20 years, there was not a day that went by that I did not dream of fixing all of this. It was on my "some day" list. All these years, I had a particular Dr. in mind to perform the surgeries until a co-worker of mine recommended that I see Dr. Restifo for a consultation. I did, and I knew immediately that he would be my surgeon instead. I just felt completely comfortable with him, and confident that he would do a fabulous job. He took his time, listened to what was important to me, and offered techniques and results that the other surgeon had not. I work hard, and earn a middle class salary. Having this surgery always seemed a luxury that was not meant for me to have. Dr. Restifo quoted a price that while still out of my immediate reach, was more affordable than what I had expected. I was so excited, and because of the cost, my dream of 20 years became a real, obtainable goal! It took me just over a year to get funding (and my nerves) together, and when I called Dr. Restiffo's office, they treated me like I was there just yesterday. The price that was quoted had not changed, and my surgery was scheduled. I was not looking for unrealistic expectations, or to look like the stereotypical "Beverly Hills" "boob job" type. I just wanted everything to look the way it should have looked naturally. Dr. Restifo performed the sergery which took about 4 hours, and I went home the same night. I returned for a follow up visit about 4-5 days later, and got to see the results. My next visit was a week later, which I was actually able to drive my self to about an hour away. I could not believe that I felt this good so quickly. Of course there was some discomfort, and I could not fully stand up straight, but I was able to get out and about within a week of my sergury... It took a few months to be free of all post sergery bandages, etc. and by summer, I was in my bekini again. I finally was able to sit on the beach without hiding my belly with a towel, or constantly making bathing suit adjustments. Finally, everything fit, looked, felt, and moved the way it was suppose to. Dr. Restifo has a true gift. He has given me the body that I never had. Because of his talent, my marriage is better, I have a new found confidence, and I am able to be myself. I now realize just how much I hid my true personality because I lived in a body that did not fit. I can wear clothing that is true to my size, and there is no more "scooping and tucking"! My only regret is that I did not meet Dr. Restifo earlier and have this sergery years ago. I went back for a 3 month check up, shook his hand, and with a tear in my eye, thanked him. Dr. Restifo is very humble, and not overly chatty, but I could see in his eyes that he was proud of the gift he had given to me. I saw him a year later for a follow up, and look forward to visiting again in the future. The entire staff in his office made me feel like family. I cant thank him enough, but would, have, and will recomend hime to anyone considering sergery. I could not be more satisfied with my results.

Jul 1st, 2012

It is my honor to leave the highest recommendation for Dr. Restifo and all of his Staff. I interviewed and researched many plastic surgeons for caring for my breast cancer and reconstruction. Dr. Restifo's accomplishments and qualifcations are extremely impressive, but once I met him and his caring staff, I knew I had found the best doctor and team for my care. Dr. Restifo is experienced, highly skilled, dedicated and was truly emotionally sensitive in my journey. I looked at many pictures of breast recontsruction after mastectomy and my results were absolutely beautiful. The best you can hope for. Breast cancer took a part of my womanhood and Dr. Restifo gave me back my feminity! The results are better than I even hoped for. Thank you seems inadequate as it goes much deeper than that.

Apr 15th, 2012

Lisa is the best asset Dr. Restifo has.

|  highly recommend  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

Results of tummy tuck exceeded my expectations right away. Very natural looking belly button. Entire staff very friendly and professional. Dr. Restifo changed my life. Thank you!

|  Worth It  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

Dr. Restifo and his staff (both at the surgical center and his practice) were amazing. He made me feel comfortable and was very involved in the entire process. I am incredibly happy with my results which I attribute to both the skill of Dr. Restifo and staff, as well as their ability to put me at ease through the entire process. Seriously one of the best doctors out there.

Mar 13th, 2012

Excellent job, excellent care, results that are even better than I expected!!

|  Go with this Doctor!!  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2012

Dr. Restifo is an artist and his work is perfection.I feel so lucky to be wearing one of his master pieces! I AM IN LOVE WITH MY RESULTS!!! I had a breast augmentation done with him and I was so impressed not only by the appearence but that I had no bruising at anytime and my recovery was very quick. I have contemplated having this procedure and with whom to have it done by for 10yrs and I feel so blessed and fortunate that when it came time I was given Dr. Restifo. I could not have had a better experience or result with anyone else. He and his staff are amazing and if you are in the search for a platic surgeon stop here, you've found him!!! L.Y.

|  Surgery for breast reconstruction  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2012

Professional and caring staff

Dec 17th, 2011

Dr.Restifo gets an A for performing miracles with passion and professionalism.

Nov 6th, 2011

Dr. Restifo is one of the best! You will not be disappointed as he rates the highest in all of the categories.I personally had both breast augmentation & tummy tuck done on the same day in Apr-11. I could not be happier with the results and my choice of plastic surgeon! Would recommend Dr. Restifo to anyone!

|  Wonderful experience  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

After having an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) in early July, I am completely satisfied with the experience with Dr. Restifo and his team. I presented with severe stretch marks across the abdomen coupled with an open appendectomy scar that were extremely bothersome to me despite best efforts to exercise and tone the area. The results are truly amazing. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful the staff is in terms of patient education, follow up and patient experience. Gabby, the PA, for the office is truly patient-centric and extremely sensitive to the needs of women who have had children. Dr. Restifos calm and skilled manner was a constant reassurance through the process. Their combined techniques have yielded a beautiful belly-button and a pencil-thin lined scar that is barely visible with a totally flat stomach area.I returned to work within 2 weeks of the procedure and was able to get back to the gym and regular activity within 6 weeks. At 12 weeks now, I am back to running and other cardio workouts. My clothes look great and it has been a huge booster of self-esteem. I refer this practice frequently and openly and would recommend them to any and all women who are interested in this procedure. I have told the office I would be happy to be a reference to share my story or pictures.Thank you so much, Dr. Restifo and Gabby. You have really changed my life. K.T.

|  Amazing PS and Staff- Professional/Superb  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2011

From start to finish I have had an excellent experience with Dr. Restifo and staff. I consulted with other plastic surgeons for breast augmentation but his staff and my appointment with him was by far the mod thorough. He answered my myriad of questions without hesitation and explained procedures and gave me all the info - pro's and con's for my consideration. He performed a complete examination and gave me his professional opinion about what he though could be done to achieve the results I desired. I was able to take home sizers to try and wear to help me decide on sizing. His PA Gabrielle was super helpful and informative when I had questions prior to my pre-op appointment right up to the day before surgery. The office personal was always very responsive, helpful and friendly. I never waited to hear back from them and even had my calls returned after hours.I can't speak highly enough about my treatment, procedure and healing. Dr. Restifo did an AMAZING job and I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.Thanks again Dr. Restifo and staff for a fabulous experience and giving a mommy her pre-baby boobies back -- this time a little more fabulously!! :)

Jul 11th, 2011

I've never thought of myself as the "plastic surgery" type of person but I couldn't stand looking at myself in the mirror,watching my body change in ways I never imagined. Even with diet and exercise, I was unable to reclaim my body following 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding for 2 years. I began researching several different plastic surgeons but wasn't happy with these consultations. I then began researching for doctors through the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and found Dr. Restifo. My first consultation with Dr. Restifo, it was clear that he was very self-confident about his work and had a quiet, pleasant and gentleman approach. His eduation and experience was impressive. His staff,especially the office manager was so friendly,patient and knowledgeable. I decided to proceed with the breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery. On the day of the surgery, I was so scared and I believe Dr. Restifo knew this because he had a terrific sense of humor and before I knew it, I was laughing. During my recovery, Dr. Restifo and his staff were so supportive. His medical assistant would call me back right away with any questions I had. It's been almost a year since my surgery and I love my results! I'm so confident. I can go to the beach with my children, wear a bikini and make sand castles instead of hiding myself. I can wear a dress to work instead of a suit. And by the way, My husband thanks you too! :) Dr. Restifo is a truly talented surgeon. Thank You.

Jun 16th, 2011

I was surprised at how little pain I had following breast augmentation. I did an abdominoplasty earlier and that came out great also.

|  A Teffific Plastic surgeon  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2011

Front the beginning to the end it was a great experience. I look better than I could have imagined following my "mommy makeover". Dr. Restifo is a dedicated and exceptionally skilled surgeon.

May 28th, 2011

Dr. Restifo is a superb Plastic Surgeon. He did my breast augmentation and tummy tuck and I look fantastic. His bedside manner was great and I felt that he really cared That everything went perfectly.

|  Breast reconstruction  |  show details
May 23rd, 2010

the best plastic surgeon for all matters associated with this most emtionally traumatic event

Feb 24th, 2009

I did a breast reduction and an abdominoplasty surgery with Dr. Restifo and the surgeries came out good. He is an excellent breast surgeon and I am 100% satisfied with my breast. After my breast reduction surgery, I did not feel any pain and I did not have to take any pain medication.