Dr. Richard Rhodes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Rhodes?

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Richard Rhodes?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2016

Terrible Bedside Manner/inability to empathize and listen

Dr. Rhodes came into my dad's hospital room to let us know my dad was having a procedure done the next morning and would not be able to eat or drink after midnight. I calmly asked if my dad could have some water or ice chips due to his diabetes insipidus. Dr. Rhodes kept interrupting and cutting me off. I began to cry, as he was not taking the time to listen to why I was concerned. Dad had not been given his meds for DI all day so I knew my dad would be miserable and extremely thirsty all night. Previously, doctors allowed my dad ice chips to help with thirst before a surgical procedure. However, I was not given the chance to explain this as he kept talking over me. Dr. Rhodes raised his voice and rudely asked "What are you crying about?!" I politely asked him to continue the conversation in the hallway if he could not speak respectfully to my dad and me. He stormed off as he replied "Go find another doctor!" My dad has brain cancer. I was shocked at his rudeness and complete lack of empathy. Even my dad's nurse was in tears due to Dr. Rhodes bedside manner. It was shocking. The aides, techs, and housekeepers have excellent bedside manner at Community North. This doctor's behavior was appalling-especially towards a chemo patient.

January 14th, 2015

Dr. Rhodes saved my life,it doesn't get any better than that !

September 2nd, 2011

A Great Doctor

Very thorough and knowledgable...a great doctor. Helped me through a very difficult time.

September 5th, 2017