A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ricketts:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Ricketts is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ricketts, MD is board certified in Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophageal Atresia
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Ricketts graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Ricketts has 20 hospital affiliations:
- Cartersville Medical Center
- Emory Dunwoody Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ricketts accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Humana - 16 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans
- Anthem - 24 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Peach State Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard R. Ricketts practice?
Dr. Richard Ricketts practices Pediatric Surgery near Decatur, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Atlanta, GA.
See Decatur Pediatric Surgeons.