A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ries:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ries, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Health Services Research
- Mental Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders (Briquet's Syndrome)
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Ries graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Ries has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Washington Medical Ctr
- Harborview Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ries accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 5 plans
- Community Health Plan of Washington - 7 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans