A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ries:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Ries is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ries
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Ries Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ries, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Health Services Research
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders (Briquet's Syndrome)
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Ries graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Ries has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Washington Medical Ctr
- Harborview Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard K Ries MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Richard K. Ries practice?
- Dr. Richard Ries has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Ries practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near Seattle, WA.
See Seattle Psychiatrists and Seattle Addiction Specialists.