A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ries:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ries, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Health Services Research
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders (Briquet's Syndrome)
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Ries graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Ries has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Washington Medical Ctr
- Harborview Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard K Ries MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Richard K. Ries practice?
- Dr. Richard Ries has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Ries practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near Seattle, WA.
See Seattle Psychiatrists and Seattle Addiction Specialists.