Dr Richard Ross Is this you?

Have you seen Dr Richard Ross?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 19th, 2016

Best doctor I've ever had!

February 15th, 2016

Dr Ross is no-nonsense, accurate, and respects your time. He's not especially warm and fuzzy (has a rather dry sense of humor) but I appreciate his candor and his explanations. I've never waited more than 15 minutes in his office. He is efficient and professional and I recommend him.

November 2nd, 2012

A Rare Find In Today's Medical Community

This is a decent, caring, and knowledgeable doctor. He is thorough, and above all, does not over-treat or over-prescribe. Highly recommended.

June 25th, 2012

Listening Shouldnt be an Option

I was seeing Dr. Ross for a 4-5 years as he was my general doc for the insurance that I had. At first I thought he was a decent doctor, but this last thing really made me rethink everything. I know that medicine is more of an art than a science and we are all our own body's experts - so we have to take what a doc says and really think if what they say is always right for us. They are human, fallible and dont always know what's best for us. That being said, he should have listened to me when I kept bringing up the fact that I had a lump in my throat. I brought it up several times over a course of 6 months because it didnt seem natural to me. He touched my throat and then dismissed it the first time as being part of my allergies and that I shouldnt worry about it. He didnt seem alarmed by it at all. So I trusted him. (for some reason). It was visible and you could easily feel it. The second and third time I brought it up because the lump never went down, felt larger and harder as time went by. I again felt like he wasn't listening to me, dismissing it as nothing to be concerned about. To be fair, looking back, I should have really pushed him for an ultrasound - but I've had to convince him of symptoms before and have left the office feeling like he didnt take me seriously - thought maybe I was making things up. It was frustrating. Last fall my insurance changed, which forced me to get a new doc. For the best. My new doc immediately requested an ultrasound "just to be safe and rule anything out." (uh, duh Dr. Ross should have done the same). after the ultrasound, my doc called back immediately the next day - alarming me of course. Had to get an MRI. Turns out I had a tumor and it was possibly cancerous. Seriously??? After rushing through the process of an MRI and specialists and going through surgery and removing a gland in my neck and all the ups and downs of freaking out, turns out I was lucky - REALLY REALLY LUCKY! The tumor was benign - however, it's the kind that if left alone would eventually either become cancerous or overly large, pushing on the lingual and facial nerves - causing paralysis and/or speech impediment. I get that doctors are human and it's possible to miss things - but when a patient repeatedly brings up something, why not just make sure and rule things out? This wasn't the only time I've had to convince him of my symptoms - looking back now, I've realized he's dismissed multiple symptoms that I've brought up in the past for ongoing problems. This just happened to be one that was the most serious in nature.

December 22nd, 2009

Dr. Ross is AMAZING!

I really appreciate Dr. Richard Ross. The first time I saw him, I was a little disappointed because he didn't send me home with a prescription for pain killers. He gave me sound advice and I returned to him when I had strep throat later this year. Dr. Ross is VERY HONEST, EDUCATED and conderned with the patient's well being. He is not in this field for make a dollar. When I got my blood work back and everything was normal... he told me that I was healthy and to "stay away from doctors." Dr. Ross is not an alarmist and has an extremely well balances perspective. I would recommend him to my friends and family.

August 8th, 2017