inactive

Richard J Rygiel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

September 30th, 2014
Horrible Doctor
He performed a Hysterectomy on me because of Endometriosis. I was 32 years old. He nicked one of the veins in my abdomen causing me to bleed internally. Instead of fixing the problem, he let me bleed. I had to have 2 blood transfusions, developed an infection and the final kicker was the Pulmonary Embolisms in both of my lungs. I almost died twice because of this man. Had to be put on blood thinners for a year. Went thru tremendous pain and then because of the blood clots, I could not go on Hormone Replacement Therapy as planned. So, I got the pleasure of going into Menopause at 32 years old. Not to mention the traumatic experience of almost losing my life twice. I have a letter from DORA that I will keep forever stating that Dr. Rygiel gave me "substandard care" and that the Attorney General was going after Dr. Rygiel. Never once did this man apologize to me for what he had done. I have my letter and I have my life so that will be my justice, but he is a horrible doctor and an even more horrible human being.

March 4th, 2014
Great Doc
I was a patient of Dr. Rygiels for 15 yrs, he delivered two of my children, provided all of my prenatal care and was my oldest daughter's doctor, delivering my first granddaughter. He always had a wonderful, caring manner and provided excellent care. I proceeded to follow through with his care after delivery and he treated my PCOS, with ultimate hysterectomy surgery. I learned today of his tragic parting and as a former patient, he will be missed. He truly did care for his patients and his practice! God Bless You Dr. Rygiel!

February 23rd, 2012
Don't like him
What kind of a doctor tells you to be better to your baby than your parents were to you?!? And then tell me I have brain damage?!? He told me that there is something wrong with me because of the way that I was treated when I was a child. I have not felt comfortable with this man from day one and then he says something like this to me! Dr. Richard Rygiel I am not impressed. He is a scatterbrain and never has any idea what he is seeing me for...I'm pregnant...remember?!? I had no idea that they were allowed to talk to their patients that way! I am completely disgusted in him. I have always been insecure about myself and to have him speak to me that way only makes it worse. I am now contemplating giving the baby up for adoption because I don't think I am capable of being a good mother. If there is something that wrong with me...and if I really have brain damage I am in no position to raise a child. Thank you Dr. Rygiel. You probably saved my child's life...

June 16th, 2011
I went to this dr for teh first time in december. I ended up having to have surgery. The dr did not visit me post surgery. I was in and out of his office for two weeks and every time I went to the office he couldn't remember me. Stated that I have endometriosis and PCOS. Gave me one option I didn't really want to do basically stopped all contact. there were supposed to check with my insurance for treatment cost and on matter how many times I called I never got them to give me an answer for that issue. I was given nothing but the run around from this office and now can't find them to get my medical records from them. Now that I am with my new dr I found out that the endo was never sent to pathology so it is unconfirmed. Seems like a dr who doesnt care about the wishes adn hopes of his patients. can't remember anything that happens to his patients from one day to another and has very incompetent medical staff.

May 23rd, 2011
My company did work for him and he didn't pay us. He's been sued by other moving companies

May 6th, 2011
My doctor is MIA
I saw this doctor twice. I was very impressed with him during the first visit. He spent a lot of time with me, seemed very caring and concerned, and had a good bedside manner. At my second visit, he was packing up his office to move into a different practice. He was short with me and in a hurry. He told me how stressed and tired he was. After giving me test results, he told me I would need a CT scan, a biopsy, and surgery. I do not question this diagnosis. However, the doctor moved offices without giving me his new contact info! When I had not heard from him with CT results or with scheduling info for biopsy and surgery, I left two voice messages on the old phone number. He has not called me back. It is now a month since my last appointment, and I feel I have no choice but to go to another doctor. I think Dr. Rygiel is fairly knowledgeable and means well. But, I also think he is very stressed, and this may be affecting the care he gives his patients. I have completely fallen through the cracks, which is unacceptable and unprofessional. I am investigating whether this constitutes patient abandonment.

February 18th, 2011
Worst Doctor EVER
I don't care what you may have heard before, this doctor is awful.He is incompetent, rude, impatient. He doesn't really care about your care, you're just a number, just another check from the insurance company.His office manager is so unprofessional, and rude. I caught her on Facebook! When I was there for my appointment, Dr. Rygiel was tearing apart one of his staff members as if I couldn't hear what he was saying. When I was finally brought back for my appointment, she was trying to hide her tears.Dr. Rygiel is without a doubt, the worst doctor ever. He didn't listen to my concerns, didn't care that I was in pain and scared, he just wanted to get me out of his way.He lets patients fall through the cracks, and when I tried to get my records, his staff tried to charge me with a fee. No other doctor I've heard of does that, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal.Stay away from this doctor..

February 8th, 2011
Horrible Experience
I almost lost my baby due to Dr. Rygiel's incompetency and apathetic demeanor. He refused to take my concerns seriously and I ended up in preterm labor at the hospital with a mag-sulfate treatment to save my baby. I do not recommend this doctor. In my opinion, he is highly incompetent, inappropriate and arrogant.

December 21st, 2010
Did not like bedside manner. I felt like I was just a number and not a person.His staff called the house and told me that I had cancer instead of him and got me all worked up.would not refer to anyone.

September 7th, 2010
I had a bad experience. I was placed on birth control pills to monitor perimenapausal symptoms. I suffrered a pulminary embolism which almost cost me my life. The hospital concluded it was because of the birth control pills I was taking. I also found out though the many specialists I had to see after this occured that this was NOT good course of action for someone my age. (well over age 35) On top of it when I wanted to change doctors I was told I would have to pay $15 for Dr Rygiels office to release my medical files to my new gyn. I expressed my distaste & asked to speak with the office manager. My husband took the call and was told they would waive the fee. I then received a call from the office manager saying that Dr Rygiel refused to wavie the fee after all. I have asked a number of doctors if they charge to forward records and was told by every last one of them they do not charge.

May 22nd, 2009
Rygiel considers himself a 'good doctor', as he mentions often. Because of this, he wants you to just listen to him and do as he says. Any questions I had were answered by referencing the 'fact' that he was a 'good doctor' and thus I should simply listen to him.

February 10th, 2009
I went with Dr Rygiel for my second child and the experience was much better. I never had to wait for an appointment and everyone in the office was so helpful and kind.