Dr. Richard Collins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard Collins?

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Richard Collins?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

February 14th, 2016

My husband had him 5 years ago and didnt care for him at ALL..I just made an appointment with my knees.Of course x-rays,Then when I seen him come in the door I thought Oh no its that Dr. Same as when my husband went to him he wasn't in the room 5 minutes do therepy and pwrscibed a anti-inflammatory med ,If not better come back and out the door .My knee was popping and he never even touched me.We have been going to Ora for 30 years.He is the worst I have EVER been to.I came home and thought he needs reported to who ever runs Ora ! They need to get him OUT of there !!!! He is no good he is all about money , With no regards to his patients. I will pass this on to any and all our family and friends do not go to him ! He has no time for you.

November 17th, 2015

A lot of people don't like Dr. Collins much but if I had to trust someone with surgery for my back, he's my pick! Because of him I can walk today! Maybe at times he might have a poor bedside manor and he does have nervous tics, but he's a very busy man and with Ins. Co.'s telling Dr.'s what they can and can't do, I can understand his frustration. I try not to judge people until I've walked in their shoes. If he didn't care about his patients and didn't care whether or not he helped them in any way, I don't think he would be so busy! I had fusion done at L5-S1 in 2007. Not what I wanted, I opted for disc replacement, but 3 weeks before my surgery our Ins. Co. sold out to another Co. who wouldn't cover replacement. My scaring is minimal and I still have the use of my legs thanks to him. It took about 2 years to completely heal which is common. He explains just as much as any other Dr. does when diagnosing a problem and discussing a course of action which is very little. They only tell you the bare minimum so write down your questions and ask if you want answers! I have since learned about nutrition and added Trace Minerals and Liquid Vitamins to my diet which is important to prevent further damage. I also learned about making Bone Broth with egg shells from Dr. David Williams for glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid to help strengthen and rebuild joints. When you have vitamin or mineral deficiencies, your tissue weakens which is what happens to the disc. Once the disc tears, the scar tissue is easily damaged from lifting more than 10 lbs and you loose more fluid each time. You can't replace the disc fluid, to my knowledge, but you can strengthen the tissue by giving it what it's lacking. I have two more discs that were damaged and I'm doing my best to avoid another surgery, but if there comes a time that I need it, I will see Dr. Collins again!

July 30th, 2015

He's definitely not a friendly Dr/Surgeon...

October 18th, 2011

warning

Rushed to get me into surgery without explaining the dangers of failed back surgery syndrome. Did surgery and I am worse off today than before surgery. Then to add insult to injury wanted me to have a second surgery and lied to my attorney that I needed it. Shop around and know that back surgery should be a last resort.

August 26th, 2017