2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
AWFUL DOCTOR. show details AWFUL DOCTOR.
by Brandon on Jun 3rd, 2016

Dr.Kaplan is the absolute worst doctor I've ever met in my life. He is absolutely the most unprofessional fat slob of a doctor I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. I had the displeasure of meeting this slob due to Sedgwick cms scheduling me an IME with him due to a back injury I've had for over a year from work. I sat in his tiny waiting room for over an hour which was gross and uncomfortable. Once I was called into his exam room I was surprised to meet a fat slob that looked nothing like a doctor, no professional clothing was worn nor any badge indicating he was a legit doctor. His exam room is about the size of a closet. He asked to see me walk, I asked where would you like me to walk? You can't even move in his exam room it's so tiny. He looked at me for about a total of ten minutes and sent me on my way. Once I received his report he indicated he did a series of test which were never performed on me and lied about everything. Due to his lies and unprofessional report I have lost my benefits with workers comp. I am considering starting a lawsuit against him and sedgwick because of the lies and test that were never performed by him. I would never recommend him he is just an awful doctor that gets paid off by work comp firms so people with legit injurys lose their benefits.

Not a good experience show details Not a good experience
Apr 12th, 2016

After sitting in a very unappealing examination room for 40 minutes waiting for this physician, he finally came to begin the procedure. Dr. Kaplan was dressed sloppily, was breathing so hard I was concerned for his health. The fact that this health care professional is extremely overweight, so much so that he could not breath, sets a very bad example for patients. He also leaned on me while administering the procedure, something that was not necessary, and made me uncomfortable. It did not seem like he was concerned about my well-being during the procedure.

Kaplan denies services to injured California workers show details Kaplan denies services to injured California workers
by injured CA worker on Sep 7th, 2015

Dr. Richard S. Kaplan provides his written services to Sedgwick CMS to deny medical intervention to injured California workers. He never examines the patient and has no idea what is wrong. Just DENY.

IME exam show details IME exam
by Candy D. on Aug 21st, 2015

This arrogant, filthy, rude, and condescending doctor is only in it for the money. Must get a "thrill" having the power of seeing that creditable people don't receive the compensation they deservd. He is a poor excuse for the "Independent" exam community to use him....but if delivers the results they want- oh well. . If you are assigned to him for an IME- request someone else.

Feb 3rd, 2015

Terrible!!!! Had to wait hour and 15 min just to see him. Then he only saw me for about 10 min. I heard him on the phone talking to someone, and I could tell it wasn't a business call because of the way he was talking. It's terrible that my insurance company would have to pay someone so unprofessional. What a terrible fat doctor!!!! Lol but that's the truth!!!! Lol

This Doctor is not fit to be called a "Doctor" show details This Doctor is not fit to be called a "Doctor"
Dec 26th, 2013

This guy is a "Quack". Please don't waste your time and money on him. He is rude, condescending and a liar. I would give him zero stars but that was not an option. In my whole life, I have never met a Doctor like him. Someone should take away his Medical License.

Patient show details Patient
Jun 15th, 2011

Dr Kaplan is a great doctor! He took excellent care of me and got me back to my normal daily activity level

Treated my arthritis show details Treated my arthritis
Jun 13th, 2011

Dr Kaplan gave me a new medicine for my arthritis and now I can hold things in my hand again thank you

Worker Comp. Appt. show details Worker Comp. Appt.
Jan 20th, 2011

We had an appointment in Ohio with Dr Kaplan. He was with us a total of 7 minutes part of which he was trying to get us out of the office. He lied on the report saying he had specific measurements of mobility and had done a pysical exam. He also stated we were satisfied with the appointment. All of these were total lies and we lost my husbands workers comp. over his lies.

Found my problem when no one else did show details Found my problem when no one else did
Nov 15th, 2010

I am out of pain now and I can walk!

Great at diagnosis show details Great at diagnosis
Jun 21st, 2010

He figured out what was wrong and got my mom walking again - THANK YOU

Daughter show details Daughter
by Daughter on Mar 30th, 2010

Dr. Kaplan took care of my mom when she had a stroke - he and his team were wonderful and provided great follow-up care after she was discharged home

Dec 20th, 2009

Never felt so humiliated in all my life!This doctor has very poor bedside manners also very unprofessional and too insensitive. He seems to lack alot of qualities for this profession. I would NEVER recommend him to any of my family or friends