Dr. Richard Rosenthal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3

November 9th, 2016
Extremly Rude
Dr.Rosenthal is the rudest Dr that I have ever met. He has no bedside manner. He does not take time to listen to his patients he comes in sits down and starts typing on his computer. He was extremely rude to me and my daughter. I would not recommend him to anyone. He definitely doesn't meet the standards of other Dr's that I have had and meet at the Kirklin Clinic.

July 27th, 2015
Disappointed
When I asked to see another endocrinologist at UAB, this doctor referred me back to my primary care doctor.

April 17th, 2015
Dr.Rosenthal and staff are rude. It's a big market.Surely better dr's than this. Sickening.

March 12th, 2015
Spent time discussing problem, quick response and follow up appointments. Would highly recommend.

March 14th, 2014
Not impressed
Not impressed. Dr. Rosenthal has been one of my daughter's 2 endocrinologists for 2 1/2 yrs as she was diagnosed with Grave's Disease 1 month before starting college in Birmingham. Her first endocrinologist is thorough and a good listener but she needed a doctor where she would be living, to order and monitor lab work. That's all Dr. Rosenthal did for 2 years. My daughter wasn't too impressed but didn't have to deal with him much. After taking methimazole for a year she went into remission for 18 months but symptoms recently began again along with thyroid enlargement. He told her her lab results are fine and the thyroid is not enlarged so it's not a thyroid problem. The symptoms are very much like she had 3 years ago before diagnosis and she can physically tell her thyroid is larger! The lab results have been slowly creeping back toward hyper over 6 mos time and just haven't crossed out of his normals. When the results do show hyper, as they will soon, his only treatment options are RAI ablation or surgery. Her other doctor was willing to try methimazole again. possibly for a longer term since a low dose had been very effective with zero side effects during that year. He dismissed her knowledge of her own body and suggested she get an appointment with a GP for her symptoms.

October 24th, 2013
Ignored
I placed my LIFE in this physician's hands and was treated as a bother. He comes in the room running to sit and type on his computer. You don't even have to talk, he just types. So impersonable! I would have to beg to have a yearly followup for thyroid cancer and a neck ultrasound. I kept thinking his bedside manner would improve but it never did. Now I have metastatic thyroid cancer. I would not recommend this endocrinologist to anyone.

September 6th, 2013
Should have chosen another profession.
Don't go to this doctor, if he doesn't know how to treat patients (no matter how clever he is) he should not be a doctor. Probably just in it for the money like so many others now-a-days.

May 9th, 2013
Needs Training in listening and being thorough.
Impatient, poor listener, illogical, and lack of interest. After two weeks I had to call back to get lab results. He sent a one month supply into pharmacy when he should have sent in a year supply. His recommended dosage is inconsistent with symptoms and he does not care. I should never have continued with him. He did not improve.

February 2nd, 2012
We waited several months to get an appointment with an endocrinologist at uab. When we got there he was very dismissive, seemed as though we were stupid and taking up his time. I have been to many doctors over the years, but none which talked down to me in such a way, which I could overlook if he had been thourough and helpful. He barely even checked me over and seemed if he could care less if I had thyroid cancer. Making an appointment with a new dr. asap

July 19th, 2011
If you feel uneasy about Dr. Rosenthal make an appointment with another doctor quickly. As a patient of his for TOO long I finally switched to a better endo who not only was on top of things & pro-active with my medical needs, but gave consistant follow up on test results & procedures. I had to ask Dr. Rosenthal to perform needed yearly tests after over 5 years where he did not follow up on them. I felt that he did not give me the care that I needed & as a result my condition has grown worse. So thankful I left.

September 15th, 2010
Never Again
Insensitive and rushed through my appointment.

June 26th, 2010