A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Ruiz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Ruiz is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ruiz
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Ruiz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Ruiz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
- Uveitis (Anterior Uveitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ruiz graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Ruiz has 9 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- Memorial Hermann Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Stranahan Ruiz MD is a male Ophthalmologist and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Richard S. Ruiz practice?
- Dr. Richard Ruiz has 2 office locations.
Dr. Richard Ruiz practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Katy, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.