A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Shames:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Shames is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shames graduated from University of California at Davis.
Dr. Shames has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Scott Shames MD is a male Allergist & Immunologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatric Allergy & Immunology.
- Where does Dr. Richard S. Shames practice?
- Dr. Richard Shames has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Shames practices Allergy & Immunology and Pediatric Allergy & Immunology near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Allergists and Palo Alto Pediatric Specialists.