A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Shames:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Shames is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shames
Severe Persistent Asthma Patient Education Our severe persistent asthma patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for relief of asthma symptoms.Before Visiting Dr. Shames Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shames graduated from University of California at Davis.
Dr. Shames has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard Scott Shames MD is a male Allergist & Immunologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Allergy & Immunology and Pediatric Allergy & Immunology.
- Where does Dr. Richard S. Shames practice?
- Dr. Richard Shames has 1 office location.
Dr. Richard Shames practices Allergy & Immunology and Pediatric Allergy & Immunology near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Allergists and Palo Alto Pediatric Specialists.