Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Shames
Dr. Richard Shames, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stanford, CA, with another office in Palo Alto, CA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Allergy, Pediatrics and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Shames is affiliated with Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Sequoia Hospital and UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Shames has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Allergy
A pediatric allergist and immunologist knows the immune system in and out and specializes in how your child’s immune system fights infections and outside invaders. Of course, this includes autoimmune diseases, asthma and pneumonia, but they...
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our...
Dr. Richard Shames is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.
Dr. Sara Kleinman
Allergy and Immunology, Residency
Stanford, CA 0.01 mi6
Dr. David Lewis
Infectious Disease, Pediatrics
Stanford, CA 0.01 mi35
Dr. Sean Mcghee
Pediatric Allergy, Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology
Stanford, CA 0.01 mi15