Internist

best in 62 years show details best in 62 years
by DSmith on Mar 28th, 2016

As a type 1 diabetic, 62 years old, I've seen a LOT of doctors in my lifetime. Dr. Smith is the first I am absolutely mourning the loss of, as his practice in Nashville closes. Smart, great diagnostician who really listens, treats his patients as intelligent partners in their care, gets to really know you as a person and even your family members. He is amazing and if I could persuade him to stay, I sure would.

Patient show details Patient
by Lisa on Mar 13th, 2016

Dr. Smith is the most caring, efficient,and professional Dr. I have ever had. I love him dearly. He will be missed sadly. I understand it time for his move but I'm not happy at all. He is rated 10 in my book.

Excellent MD show details Excellent MD
by Patricia W. on Feb 22nd, 2016

Takes time to truly listen during the appointment. Takes time to give explanations of treatment and instructions to the patient.

I am quite pleased with Dr. Smith show details I am quite pleased with Dr. Smith
by John Spain on Dec 21st, 2015

I have just recently moved to Nashville and was lucky enough to have a friend refer me to Dr. Smith. I could not be more pleased. He is an excellent doctor and while I know his time with me is limited, he acts as if he has all the time in the world to spend with me. Never hurries. He now sees my wife and my mother. They are equally happy.

by Helion W. Cruz on Sep 9th, 2015

I have worked alongside Dr. Smith in the past and was impressed enough to choose him as my personal physician and to recommend him to my wife. I am happy to stay under his care.

by Robyn Dunman on Dec 19th, 2014

Dr. Smith is accurate to a tee. He is brilliant and I would never go to another MD.

by M. Steele on Aug 8th, 2014

Dr Smith takes time to listen carefully to me. He is thorough and follows up quickly. I have recommended several family members and friends to his practice.

He is wonderful!!! show details He is wonderful!!!
by Nancy Wilkerson on Apr 16th, 2014

I love Dr Smith. He is so caring and listens to what you have to say. He never makes you feel rushed like some doctors do. I would totally recommend him to anyone!!!

Sep 11th, 2012

Absolutely the best doctor. He is very caring, but professional.

Excellent and Compasionate physician show details Excellent and Compasionate physician
Aug 25th, 2012

Dr. Smith is the best! Not only is he an intelligent well rounded physician but he also caring and compasionate with an outstanding ability to communicate with patients and work with other staff members. By far my favorite doctor.

Mar 19th, 2012

Dr. Smith and his nurse work so well together. He has been a great great physician. I highly recommend him because of his care and concern for his patients.Ilove him and his wife. hs

Jan 9th, 2012

Dr. Smith is a very caring doctor. He is a straight talker, who tells you how things are, but in a very considerate way.

The doctor other health care professionals prefer show details The doctor other health care professionals prefer
Jan 10th, 2011

Dr. Smith has literally saved my partner's life, and he is thorough and innovative with me and my many problems. He spends time with patients, is personable and down to earth, and very, very competent. I chose him because I asked nurses and paramedics to recommend someone. The head ER nurse said, "he's the doctor I want to be looking at if I wake up in this ER."

May 31st, 2008

I would highly recommend Dr Richard Smith. I have been his patient since about 1997. His is extremely caring, always spends ample time with me, and has proven to be knowledgable.