Dr. Richard Sanchez MD Patient Reviews

September 7th, 2016
Fantastic Doc
He is wonderful. He gave me a two hour appointment when I saw him the first time because my situation was so awful. He calls me back the day of when I have a medication issue. He is super kind and a great listener. I love him, he seriously saved me last year. I don't need medication anymore, but I'll never forget that he was the driving force in getting me well enough so I could be off the meds!

January 20th, 2016
Dr Sanchez is the kindest most compassionate psychiatrist I have ever had. It's a pleasure to see him on appointment day.

October 30th, 2013
Pyschiatrist
I was seeing a great doctor 10 years ago who finally diagnosed me with rapid cycling bipolar disorder. It took a few sessions for us to figure out what was wrong with me. I am in my 50s and I probably should have been diagnosed around 30. I was told that my case was unique and that the Dr. had only seen 4 cases during the time he practiced. He was in his late 60s. He retired due to health problems and I was very concerned about the new Dr I would be seeing. He transferred me over to Dr. Sanchez thank goodness. He is a great Dr. and works with me constantly to help control my condition. We have to lower or raise my medication dosages at least 2x per year. I am very thankful that I was accepted by Dr. Sanchez as a patient. There is one Dr. in the same practice that is horrible when she is on call for the weekend. There are a lot of good as well as poor Dr.s in his profession and I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to work with him on my condition. He is usually on time for my appoinmentsts and always takes time to answer my questions. I'm not sure why one reviewer stated that the staff is rude. I am giving them a 10 out of 10 rating. They are very efficient and kind.

May 5th, 2013
Dr. Richard Sanchez is best described as a teddy bear and smart as a whip too! He genuinely cares about the well-being of his patients, and patient safety is his number one priority. If you are being treated for a mood disorder, it is important to understand his pharmaceutical philosophy. He treats mood disorders the same way one would treat chronic pain. He will use the least amount of medication possible to treat the level of pain you display while keeping you safe. As a psychiatrist, it is his job to prevent suicide and harm the may come to another. And, no two cases are alike. This is crucial to understand. He will treat what he sees, but he is ultimately invested in the long-term well-being of his patients. His heart is with you as a patient, and you have to trust him.

July 3rd, 2012
35 medications
I think I must have been prescribed 35 different medication in the 2.5 years I saw him. Medications that were ALL wrong for my diagnosis and pushed me into mania several times. I switched to a new doc and he has me on 2 meds instead of 3-4 at a time and not meds that trigger mania. I no longer have horrible anxiety/panic attacks/mania like I did with Dr. Sanchez. Also, my new doc will literally spend 2 hours with me if I need it. Dr. Sanchez watched the clock the whole time. I THOUGHT I was seeing a good doctor until I left and started seeing an excellent one instead.

May 17th, 2012
excellent
Dr. Sanchez is easy to talk to, compassionate, patient, and kind.

December 1st, 2011
He listens well and is very up to date and knowledgeable about medications. He listens to concerns about the side effects of medications and helps to find alternatives.He's very easy to talk to. Also, to the comments that he tries to solve too many problems with medication I'd like to point out that psychiatrists are there to prescribe psychiatric medication-if you want someone to talk to you for an hour or suggest all/mostly solutions that do not involve medication you're at the wrong doctor.Also, trying several different kinds of psychiatric medication before finding the right one is pretty routine. There's no blood test that you can take that shows the doctor exactly what meds you should be on, everyone is different.Additionally, it's a $50 fee for missed appts and they call twice to remind you before the appointment, so I don't know how she could've just not known. That being said, his office staff is on the rude side more often then not. They are condescending and frustrating to deal with. I'm tempted to remind them sometimes that the patients coming in are paying their salaries, they're not helping us out.

April 14th, 2011
I like him...
efficient, thorough and professional. Kind personality, soft spoken. Very observant, and listens. That's pretty much all I need. I highly recommend him. I can't speak to accuracy in diagnosis because I lack the training necessary for this kind of thing, it's not like having strep throat or something (although I often wish it was).

August 28th, 2010
Unkind and Unprofessional. (No Star)
I started seeing Dr. Sanchez when the meds I was taking for postpartum depression didn't seem to be working and my stress level was through the roof. He increased my dose and then he ended up changing my medications 2 times - both times I had serious side affects to the drugs. Originally I liked him but as I continued to see him I realized that all he wanted to do was prescribe medications. Whenever I tried to tell him how I felt and that I really wanted to get off of medication and try some alternative approach he ignored me and just wrote another prescription. Then, when I accidentally missed an appointment I was treated like crap by his staff and reprimanded like a child. I had called him with major side affects to one of the medications he prescribed 1 week before a previously scheduled appointment and therefore I was unaware that I was still suppose to go to the appointment. His assistant was rude and condiscending and told me I'd be charged for the missed appointment and that only the doctor could waive the $100 fee. When I spoke to him he was a completely different person - rude, arrogant and all he cared about was the missed appointment fee - did not take into consideration that I had JUST spoken to him 6 days prior or that both my husband and I were unemployed!! I refuse to go back to him. He is thoughtless, uncaring and only seems to be interested in prescribing medications instead of helping their patient. I do NOT recommend you see this person as you will be deceived and if you screw up even once they will treat you terribly. Whatever happened to customer service and common decency? He seems to be more interested in squeezing $100 out of me than keeping me as a long term patient. And now I stress about it every single day! I will never go back to him again as I do not trust him. He and his staff don't care about people, they only care about money.

August 13th, 2010
I feel confortable and well cared for by Dr Sanchez. He is genuinely a caring person who wants to treat his patients. He's sensitive to my needs and treatment. I will continue to see Dr Sanchez and recommend him to my friends.

August 4th, 2008
patient rapor
prescribes too many prescriptions. poor listner. doesn't communicate well or listen to needs or concerns. sees you as a diagnosis not an individual.