Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Pain Management Specialist, Psychiatrist, Sleep Medicine Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Find a real doctor show details Find a real doctor
by Sue Smith on Feb 4th, 2015

I was misdiagnosed by him with Multiple Sclerosis. He refused to recheck the original tests taken nearly 6 months ago. All original tests were taken when I had a bad gallbladder removal surgery in which were performed by a surgeon at the same facility that Dr. S practiced at. Drugs I was allergic to were used even though they were marked down on my chart and staples were used even though it was marked down that I am allergic to metal. I had severe allergic reactions to the meds used and metal with inflammation and infection. Dr. S was insistent that I had Multiple sclerosis and all we wanted to do was write scripts. The rest of my physicians outside of Cornerstone weren't convinced I had it. Dr. S got his way wrote out a script for an Multiple Sclerosis drug, my other physicians told me not to take it because it would conflict with 2 known medical conditions that I have including 1 I was born with. He tried to label anything wrong with me back to Multiple Sclerosis without contacting any of my other physicians. I kept all doctors on the same page. Another hospital in Winston-Salem retested me nearly 2 weeks ago and said I did not have Multiple Sclerosis. Dr. S and a pharmacy he used tapped into my Part D insurance and stole $2,500 for that drug that he wrote out for me that I could not use and never open the FED-EX box after it was delivered at my door step. I was told by Dr. S nurse to take it to the local police department in High Point, NC for proper disposal. Now I am fighting to get the claim reversed with that Pharmacy because they and Dr. S have thrown me into a coverage gap where hardly any of my meds will be covered for real conditions that do exist. Dr. S refused to show or point out any presumed markers he claimed I had on the original MRI's for Multiple Sclerosis. I do have epilepsy and I know where its markers are because they were pointed out as they were in the most recent tests done. Dr. S started yelling at me and my husband when we questioned his diagnoses, he didn't stop until he wrote out that script that I never needed to begin with. He and that pharmacy claimed that the cost of that script wouldn't affect my Part D. After Dr. S found out that I wouldn't take the script because it would jeopardize my health and life he dismissed me as his patient claiming "we couldn't reach an agreement." My Part D has filed greivances against that Pharmacy and complaints against Dr. S and that Pharmacy he misused. The reason the pharmacy has got complaints and greivances against them is because as of this point they are refusing to reverse the claim. Beware of this doctor and find a real one. At least now I have a new neurologist other than Dr. S. I'm thankful to not have Multiple Sclerosis but I feel sorry for those that do and are treated by this so-called Dr. S especially after what I have seen and experienced.

Nice doctor, if you can get him show details Nice doctor, if you can get him
Jul 27th, 2012

I saw Dr. Sater several months ago, trying to get an explanation for symptoms I had been having for some time. The concern of my primary care physician was multiple sclerosis. Dr. Sater assured me it wasn't MS, and during the visit I asked about Lyme disease. He assured me it wasn't that either. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, and another doctor finally figured out my problem--Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (tick-borne like Lyme with similar presentation) and began to treat me. My neurological symptoms were the ones that affected me the most, and the ones that continue even after finishing my doxy. I called Dr. Sater's office to see about specific care for the neuro symptoms, or to be referred to a neuro who was familiar with the damage that RMSF can cause. I did NOT need Dr. Sater to treat my RMSF. The nurse that called me back was short and abrupt and stated he didn't treat RMSF and I need a primary care doctor. I told her I wasn't looking for him to treat it, I was looking for oversight of my residual neuro problems and she kept cutting me off and not listening. Thanks for nothing.

Wonderful doctor show details Wonderful doctor
May 16th, 2008

He took the time to explain my problems and showed me the MRIs. My leg pain got much better after the epidural steroid and I was able to avoid surgery.