Dr. Richard Scharf DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 14th, 2016
Excellent physician
Talented physician with wonderful bedside manner and skilled hands

September 7th, 2016
definitely would recommend dr scharf to anybody seaking ENT care.He said,"don't worry,I will take care of you" .When he told me that,I felt secure.He takes time and not in a hurry when you go see him for a visit.His caring and calm attitude is what I like most.

October 3rd, 2015
Avoid this Dr
As female in her mid thirties, I have delt with plenty of male doctors in my time. This was the first encounter however, were I felt uncomfortable. My situation to begin was already stressful and Dr. Scharf made it terribly worse. The Dr spoke to me in a very unflattering tone, explaining the procedure to me, like one would speak to a disobedient dog. When asked if I had a college education, I was offended and did not reply. I have a Doctorate from Penn State but it should not matter. He was very impatient and how he speaks to women is alarming, considering we live in 2015. I would avoid this Dr, he has some serious issues and can be very touchy.

April 4th, 2013
top doc
Dr. Scharf has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor of I ever visited. He really took the time to listen my my needs. He made me feel like a person, not a number. I will definitely be recommending him to others.

May 26th, 2012
One of the best caring and empathetic. Great results as well. Excellent plastic surgeon

November 11th, 2011
This doctor is in high demand and well regarded; hence the wait
Dr. Richard Scharf is a superb doctor and surgeon. - Over an almost 2-year period he always listened to my concerns and evenually made a correct diagnosis. - He is also a skilled surgeon with a steady hand. Not only did he perform successful surgery on me that cured most of my problems, he also had to put a "scope" through my nose into my throat without anesthesia and I barely felt it.- His bedside manner is wonderful as well.I highly recommend this doctor; however, be prepared to wait for him. You also have to battle the office staff for an appointment because he is in such a high demand and the office he works out of in Bayonne with other E.N.Ts is very busy.

October 23rd, 2011
Excellent diagnostician and skillful surgeon

September 7th, 2011
I went to see Dr Scharf, however a junior Dr came and saw me for the entire time and Dr scharf came and didnt care to listen to my issues instead he was saying go for the sleep study. Not even taking the time to diagnose the issues. waste of health, Waste of time and waste of money going to this Dr.