Dr. Richard Scheinberg MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Santa Barbara, CA

September 17th, 2016
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Scheinberg is a gentleman and surgeon if highest repute and ability. I have only superlatives to say about his treatment of my orthopedic problems

August 29th, 2016
Excellent physician and surgeon. Corrects a complex shoulder problem that had bothered me for years. Eternally grateful for his professionalism and expertise.

March 4th, 2016
I'm very happy that my attorney finally send me with Dr. Scheinberg and his P.A Mark. I was told I was going to see Dr. Scheinberg but unfortunately he was out for a week and I was giving the option to see his P.A or wait another week for Dr. Scheinberg. I have been going to different doctors so I decided that one more was not going to hurt and his P.A Mark was so kind and friendly and he order an MRI of my shoulder. I was getting upset because my insurance was not approving my MRI and on my next visit with Dr. Scheinberg explained the process and how the insurances work. It took 2 months to get my MRI but I know the Doctor and his staff did their part but unfortunately they can't control as to when the insurance will approve the doctors request. I apologize to Scheinberg Orthopedic for calling and getting upset with the staff, I know is not your fault that the insurance takes forever to approved treatment. Thank you so much Michele for showing me the process that you all do to get treatment approved. My next visit will be to discuss my option about doing some type of therapy called shock wave so I'm very excited to find out more about the therapy since I had this work injury for more than a year without any treatment.

July 30th, 2015
excellent surgeon

July 1st, 2015
Dr. Scheinberg's office repeatedly has been making me wait at least 40 minutes past my appointment. Few days agothe wait was 60 minutes. His front office staff is absolutely horrible, they do not follow through. They have failed to mail me my medication, failed to give the doctor important and time sensitive paperwork regarding my case, etc. First time I saw them they gave me some else's Rx with his name and personal information, complete violation of his and my HIPAA rights (assuming that the fellow patient got my Rx). Every time I see them there is problem, something is missing or not filed. They are not organized at all. If my case was not a workmans comp case, I would have left them a long time ago. I understand that they are most likely overworked and understaffed, however that does not give them the right to treat me like that.

April 22nd, 2015
excellent physician and staff remarkable surgical result on my shoulder

February 4th, 2015
This doc saved my life
A professional and forthright doctor. He has healing powers!

December 16th, 2014
Excellent physician. Excellent staff.

December 31st, 2013
I thought that Dr. Scheinberg and his staff did a wonderful job on assisting my needs during my visit. When I walked in I was greeted by a women name Reyna, she smiled and had explained everything very well. It took 15 minutes for me to see the Doctor and I would say the fastest time in any doctors office Ive ever been to.

December 9th, 2013
patient
I broke my legs in a jet ski accident at the Lake, Dr. Scheinberg's office is absolutely amazing. His PA Mark Ashtiani is one of the most wonderful professional gentleman that I have ever dealt with. When I call the office, there is always someone willing to help me. When I am there I feel like people know I am there because I am not feeling well and their warmth and friendliness really helps. I am able to be seen at both the Santa Barbara and Oxnard location, which makes it super convenient for me. All of their staff are helpful and courteous, and the doctors are able to help me deal and cope with the pain in my legs.

December 9th, 2013
Looking forward to speedy recovery
Didn't wait long to see the doctor. Staff was pleasant and very kind. De Scheinberg listened patiently to my symptoms and we discussed at great lengths all my treatment options. I feel like I'm in good hands

December 7th, 2013
Excellent surgeon and staff
I have been a patient of Dr. Scheinberg for a knee condition and a shoulder. Dr. Scheinberg replaced my knee in 2011 and I have done extremely well. I was in fact walking with very minimal pain even the day following the surgery. The nurses and PT at Cottage Hospital were even very impressed. I am back to hiking and doing things with my family that I could not before. My shoulder surgery in early 2103 was arthroscopic and I am doing well. I can even throw the football with my boy and serve tennis balls to him. Further, the staff at Dr. Scheinbergs office is kind and very attentive, as is the PA that I would see there. Overall I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Scheinberg and would recommend him for anyone in need of help.