Overall Review

2.6

December 18th, 2015
Horrible bedside manner

November 5th, 2013
HORRIBLE DOCTOR!
This man should not even BE a doctor! He should have his License to practice medicine stripped from him! Absolutely horrible "bedside manner". He left me in tears! I was a patient in North Hills Hospital, and CT scan & other diagnostic tests had revealed that I had a LARGE kidney stone. Dr. Scrivens was called in to consult with me about it. He spent a grand total of less than 3 minutes in my hospital room, never even touched me or examined me, and "barked" out at me that yes indeed, I had a large kidney stone, but that because I had no medical insurance or any other means of paying his bill "up front" that he was going to discharge me to "seek treatment elsewhere" and walked out of my room with me in tears!! I was still vomiting and in severe pain at that time! How dare he call himself a doctor!!! I tell everyone I know that if you ever need a Urologist, do NOT go to Dr. Scrivens! He is terrible!

October 8th, 2013
Excellent Urologist
My wife suddenly became delerious and her temperature shot to 105 after complaining of a sore back for two days. Paramedics were called and she was taken to the hospital where they stabilized her that night. After Ultrasounds and x-rays and urine output measurment. Dr Scrivens determined her left Kidney was blocked by a kidney stone which caused urine to back up into the bloodstream giving her sepsis (Blood Poisening). He inserted a stent to unblock the stone and allow urine to flow. My wife spent 2 weeks in the hospital recovering from the sepsis. Afterward Dr Scrivens blasted the stone with Lipotropsy ultrasound and removed the stent. No problems since.

May 14th, 2013
A Satisfied Patient
I just had my first appointment and was apprehensive after reading the negative reviews on this page. I was pleasantly surprised to be treated by such a caring staff and doctor. The staff was friendly and helpful. I had no wait time. Dr. Scriven took the time to talk to me and we have a plan of treatment to proceed with. Before he left, he again offered to answer any questions I might have. It was a pleasant experience.

March 9th, 2013
Stay Away From Him!!!
Absolutely horrible!! Very disrespectful, arrogant, and just plain rude! I was a patient in No. Hills Hosp., had presented thru the ER the previous evening with excruciating pain and vomiting from a kidney stone (which had been diagnosed thru CT scan & other diagnostic tests). He was sent in to see me about this. He burst into my room, spoke to me in a very rude, arrogant, "holier than thou" attitude, and disrespectful manner for about 3 minutes, telling me that because I had no insurance to pay *his fee* "up front" that he was going to discharge me to "seek treatment elsewhere" for my very large kidney stone (which was about 3/4" in diameter!). He made me feel like mud on the ground!! Atrocious "bedside manner". I was in tears when he left my room. I was still running fever, and in pain, and had nausea and vomiting when he told me this! Fortunately, the admitting physician vehemently disagreed with this, and he decided to keep me in hosp. until I was free of pain and nausea. He is only a doctor because he is "money hungry"!! After being treated this way by Dr. Scriven, believe you me, I would not even let him do surgery on my dog!!! He is a huge embarrassment to his profession!! If there was a category above for "no stars" I certainly would have selected it. : (

September 4th, 2012
Dr Scriven was great, but he should fire his office staff!!
I showed up at 830, opening time. Staff went in through the staff door but would not let me in for another 10 minutes or so. After that they kept the windows closed for another 15 minutes or so. A nurse finally showed up, apologized, and let me in. After that I had to fill out different paperwork because the paperwork that they provided me was not up to date. The nurse was great, Dr Scriven was great, the proceedure went fine, but the office staff was just plain unprofessional. medically, it went perfectly. Clerically, it was a complete foul-up.

November 21st, 2011
Wasted times and monies with this doctor!!
Please do not go to this doctor, he is money hungry. I went to him 4 times and regrets every single time. He's lack of people skills, always in a rush, and uncaring. My first visit with him was a rush, I didn't know I was done until he walked me to checked out desk. He didn't ask if I have any questions. Second visit, I waited about 40mins. for a 5mins. session on my xray. I took 10 xray but only discussed 2. Third visit, waited about 30mins. only to tell me to come back the 4th because I was on medication. Fourth visit, waited 1 hour and only to be told that he can't do anyting for me and told me to come back when the sympton come back. As you can see, enough is enough, I will not go back to this doctor. Please don't be fool by his professionalism on his profile. This is why I went to him in the beginning but, truely disappointed and wasted my hard earned monies on this guy!! Please learn from my bad experience and do yourself a favor and seek else where.

August 24th, 2011
Highly recommend dr.scriven

July 21st, 2009
Do not go see Dr. Scriven!!!!!!!!!!
This man was extremely rude and arrogant and difficult to talk to. I explained why I brought my son to see him and that I had been referred by 2 other Dr.'s to see a Urologist. His response.."and why do you think I can help you?", "how does this relate to urology?", "not sure why your here?" His bedside manner was horrible and made my son and I feel very awkward and belittled for being there. He was disrespectful of our feelings and was too arrogant in his tone of speaking to even realize he was doing anything wrong. I picked up my purse and walked out of the exam room after 10 minutes of his disrespect and attitude.I called him an embarrassment to his field and a poor representative of his staff who were the only ones that make you feel welcome in the office.I asked for a refund of my copay and left the building!!!