A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Shaughnessy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Shaughnessy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Shaughnessy, DO is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaughnessy graduated from New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Shaughnessy has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Arizona Endoscopy Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shaughnessy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 5 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 4 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard P. Shaughnessy practice?
Dr. Richard Shaughnessy practices Family Medicine, General Practice, Internal Medicine, and Gastroenterology near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Family Physicians, Phoenix General Practitioners, Phoenix Internists, and Phoenix Gastroenterologists.