3.0

by Lourdes E. Garcia Santiago, MEd., on Feb 12th, 2015

Dr. Sheets was my Gastro Dr. during the time I lived in Gahanna, OH around 2005. I remember getting scoped both ways. He explained to me what I was facing and made great recommendations for my recovery. He is part of a great team of physicians and I trusted him. Unfortunately, I ended up "moved" to Meigs County, way far from Columbus, and stopped by care due to transportation service to appointments. Given that the specialists here were NOT of the caliber of Dr. Sheets, and NOT getting my transportation issue resolved. I tried to get back as a patient, missing the appointments when those who were to bring me to them in Columbus, kept failing me. Dr. Sheets, even agreed to do the scopes my medical conditions required right away but the transport service never showed up for my procedures... I had been so embarrassed to go back... but at this point, I KNOW he will be able to determine why I am bleeding internally. There is NO Gastro Dr./DO in this area AVAILABLE to help me as soon as I need to have scopes done... Nevertheless, I TRUST that Dr. Sheets, will make time and give me the CHANCE I need to get diagnosed right!!! I NO LONGER have transport issues. My adult daughter moved acrossed from me and I DO HAVE excellent home care services with a PROVIDER who will take me wherever I need to go to get properly cared for!!! I seek health and I know I have the chance with Dr. Sheets... My family Dr. will make the referral to him and this time I will finally make it there!!!

worst experience ever show details worst experience ever
by Shane Alexander on Jul 26th, 2013

What a mickey mouse operation. I was referred to them by Ohio ENT and they were supposed to call me and set up an appointment. They never did. I called Ohio ENT and explained the situation. I was told Ohio Gastro would call me the next day. It took them another week. They called on a Monday and scheduled me for that Friday. I was surprised they got me in so quickly. They must have felt guilty for jerking me around for 3 weeks. The lady asked if I had internet access (what is this, Africa?) Of course I do so instead of mailing me the info she sent me a link to their online portal where I could fill out my info. She told me that I couldn't eat after midnite or drink 6 hours before. She also told me that I COULDN'T DRIVE. Since I don't have any friends or relatives close by, I took a cab and planned on taking a cab back. After waiting 40 minutes(the place was jammed) they finally called my name. The nurse asked me who was taking me home and I told her I was taking a cab. She said they didn't allow that and that information was in the paperwork they had mailed me... only they didn't mail me anything, they had me go online, remember? She said we could try it without the anesthesia, it's a 5 minute procedure, it's doesn't hurt, I only have to suppress my gag reflex. Ok, fine, but you're going to reduce the cost right? Nope, they still wanted me to pay the $1000 for the 5 minute procedure...... GTFO!!! Oh, and I had to take a vacation day so that was completely wasted. From start to finish this was a total clusterfuk. And I still have to get an EGD done... but not with these idiots.

Awesome! show details Awesome!
by Jtopp on Feb 22nd, 2011

This fellow was very thoughtful, and took my care seriously: and with a look to what the future benefits I would get from his recommendations. All I can say is thank you thank you Dr. Sheets