A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Shemin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Shemin is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Shemin, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 32 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Heart Aneurysm
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Shemin graduated from Boston University . He has 5 awards.
Dr. Shemin has 9 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - Boston
- UCLA Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard J. Shemin practice?
Dr. Richard Shemin practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Cardiothoracic Surgeons.